"No cell service" Cannot Start P4

Obb

Reaction score
Why can I not get past the "login screen"? It says I "do not have cellular service." I lost a $500+ job today because it said I didn't have cell service and could not get past the login screen.
Anyone able to fly w/o cell service or logging in? I have GPS and use an Ipad Air 2 w/ cell and data. App is constantly updated. I update more than I fly.
My P4 has gotten more and more erratic and I am pretty certain my next drone will NOT be a DJI.
Anyone get stuck like this?

Sounds like you were logged out of your app and to log back in requires either wifi or mobile coverage (you can still fly but are restricted in both height and distance).
Normally this only needs to be done the one time and you can then fly unhindered and without either wifi or mobile coverage.
It's not just the GO app but can also affect Litchi as I found out in the middle of nowhere despite checking prior to leaving my house that I was indeed logged in.

Sounds like you were logged out of your app and to log back in requires either wifi or mobile coverage (you can still fly but are restricted in both height and distance).
Normally this only needs to be done the one time and you can then fly unhindered and without either wifi or mobile coverage.
It's not just the GO app but can also affect Litchi as I found out in the middle of nowhere despite checking prior to leaving my house that I was indeed logged in.
Thank you for your help. But why am I restricted? When you say "then fly unhindered and w/o wifi or cell" do you mean I am still restricted in distance and altitude or can I fly normally (which is still unimpressive)?
I need DJI permission in the middle of nowhere? Makes no sense.

Thank you for your help. But why am I restricted? When you say "then fly unhindered and w/o wifi or cell" do you mean I am still restricted in distance and altitude or can I fly normally (which is still unimpressive)?
I need DJI permission in the middle of nowhere? Makes no sense.
A couple of app updates ago, DJI forced you log back into the app as part of their roll out of a bunch of new features, NFZs amongst them. Once you are logged into the app, height and distance restrictions are lifted and you can fly normally i.e. No wifi or mobile coverage required. It has caught a heap of people out when they found that they were logged out and unable to connect to the DJI server. Me included.
Once you are logged in, it should be a one time event unless you log out for any reason and you'll need to log back in again.

A couple of app updates ago, DJI forced you log back into the app as part of their roll out of a bunch of new features, NFZs amongst them. Once you are logged into the app, height and distance restrictions are lifted and you can fly normally i.e. No wifi or mobile coverage required. It has caught a heap of people out when they found that they were logged out and unable to connect to the DJI server. Me included.
Once you are logged in, it should be a one time event unless you log out for any reason and you'll need to log back in again.
While this is correct, I am not sure this is the OP's issue. He says he can't get past the startup screen. The restriction you are talking about lets you fly but to a set distance & height. Logging into your DJI account removes the restrictions.

Why can I not get past the "login screen"? It says I "do not have cellular service." I lost a $500+ job today because it said I didn't have cell service and could not get past the login screen.
Anyone able to fly w/o cell service or logging in? I have GPS and use an Ipad Air 2 w/ cell and data. App is constantly updated. I update more than I fly.
My P4 has gotten more and more erratic and I am pretty certain my next drone will NOT be a DJI.
Anyone get stuck like this?
Just to be clear, you were able to fly prior to this issue? Have you updated the app or quad since the last time you flew? If yes, have you logged into your DJI account since you last flew?

While this is correct, I am not sure this is the OP's issue. He says he can't get past the startup screen. The restriction you are talking about lets you fly but to a set distance & height. Logging into your DJI account removes the restrictions.
Yes I saw that in the thread title but assumed (probably incorrectly) that it was directly related to not having a wifi or mobile connection to log into his account in the app. My recent experience when I was logged out was that I could still start the AC and RC and fly it around close by but unable to use the app as opposed to having the package sitting there stone dead.

Yes I saw that in the thread title but assumed (probably incorrectly) that it was directly related to not having a wifi or mobile connection to log into his account in the app. My recent experience when I was logged out was that I could still start the AC and RC and fly it around close by but unable to use the app as opposed to having the package sitting there stone dead.
Exactly, he should still be able to fly albeit restricted without logging in. He may have some other issue going on here.

Reactions: tevek
Thank you

I need to go to Birmingham AL on business. I will try to find a drone shop to check it out while I'm there.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic