No camera image on app

Reaction score
Just tried to go for a flight and everything seemed to fire up fine, but no camera image appears on my app. Camera responds to tilt command fine, motors work, GPS and calibration work fine, shutter control works (and I confirmed that images are being saved on the chip, as I can see them in the albums on the app), but I can't see any camera image on the screen itself. P2V+ that I've been flying for 8 mos. Upgraded firmware recently but I don't know if I hit the version that was recalled or not, as I can't get to my computer yet. Apps are updated as of yesterday (iPhone and iPad - neither shows camera image). Thoughts?

Follow-up:

I've confirmed that all my firmware packages are the current version. I've found that other folks here on the forum are having similar (but not identical) issues. It seems no one has come up with a confirmed diagnosis? If anyone has any helpful feedback I would greatly appreciate it!

if your on 3.10 downgrade to 3.08
if your using an apple phone then your stuck with the newer app version 1.048 unless you have a backup.
if your on android the version of the new one is 1.0.56 and the old one is 1.054

If you have an android phone try going back to the old app, its here on my dropbox

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ju048z48wmq7z ... 4.apk?dl=0

Have you updated the camera firmware to 1.30, this was meant for the 3.10 firmware but did fix issues with the new app on both the iphone and android phone from what i read.

I'm on 3.08, but my phone is 1.0.48. How certain are we that going back to the previous iOS will solve this particular problem?

4wd THANK YOU. By coincidence, I originally purchased my Phantom from DDM, and have a call in to them about what the issue might be. I'll call them back and order the module. Steve's description of the problem matches mine exactly. Thanks again!

just delved into that post, good lord im glad i got a P2V, fancy having that happen after 6 months or so.

Crash1sttime, yup, it's a bit disappointing, especially since we're on the road exploring, I really want to use the thing, and it will be difficult to find a spot to ship the part to. But if it's a simple fix, I'll be relieved.

Update...

I called Dave's Motorsports and spoke with Steve (who wrote this post viewtopic.php?f=27&t=20006). He confirmed that I probably have an issue with the wifi module and should replace it, but they were out of stock. I then called UAVDirect to purchase the module, and went through the issue with them. They suggested that before I replace the wifi module, I should make sure it wasn't a binding issue. So I went through the binding process countless times, even manually entering the SSID. After multiple tries, I was able to re-bind, but still had the same issue: connectivity with the Phantom, telemetry, gimbals control, shutter control, etc, but no video feed. UAVDIRECT THEN SUGGESTED I TALK TO DJI direct and gave me the direct tech support phone number.

I called DJI, and after waiting in the queue about 20 min, finally got a person on the line. After a detailed discussion of my issues, the tech guy told me that there were "issues" with both the app and the firmware and that new versions of both would be out "in a few days". He advised me not to fly until the updates are available and propery installed.

While I'm disappointed and frustrated (we are camping in a beautiful area and I brought all my gear to fly and take pictures) I have to say that I am impressed with how helpful everyone has been. No solutions yet, but very thoughtful, kind folks.

Anyone have any thoughts on all this?

Yeah, I was doing a construction shoot today and after clicking the shutter button to capture a still image my screen wouldn't bring back the live image. I had to land, power everything down and restart it all including my iPhone. Once I did this the FPV image came back. Also, I hate how long after hitting the shutter button it takes for the screen to show the live FPV image again! I'm hoping DJI fixes this with the next updates...!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd