No battery %, # sats, or control of gimbal tilt in DJI Vision.

Reaction score
Stupid drop off the bench caused this recent problem. Bird had been loads of fun. Video feed OK, green light on camera, but no satellite info, or battery status. No control of camera tilt either. Takes pictures to SD card fine.
Is there one something that would cause this collection of errors?

Sounds to me,
Like a wire or connector has been jarred loose, somewhere!
First I would inspect the the 3 connectors on gimbal top, make sure they are FULLY INSERTED ( phantom OFF ) while fooling around with connectors. Sorry I had to say that, I'm sure you know, but you'd be surprised!:rolleyes:
Ok, before we go inside, SCRUTINIZE CLOSELY, the wires coming from those 3 connectors , for damage to the actual wires ( insulation stripped off, or breaks ) as these can be easily cut or damaged, if yanked to hard against shell edge, or gimbal top plate! Have seen this many times, but usually in a crash!
If still nothing out of place, or damaged,
Than,
You'll need to open the bird, and inspect for anything loose or unplugged. Start with the CAM port, as this supplies telemetry to wifi module ( hence no batt or sat. Info ). Just start at wifi module, and follow each and every wire, back to cam port, fan port, and zenmuse port, also inspect RF board, and all connections. Also inspect the wires where they meet connector, as well as along wires for breaks or damage of any kind. This will be a great start, on finding your unique problem!

Let us know what you find!
J Dot
:cool:

Reactions: dirkclod
Checked connectors/connections, but still no joy. Open to ideas as to what to look for or check next.
Here's the iPad screenshot in the Vision app.
P2V+screen.JPG

Change out the 4pin cable that clips onto the gimbal board. I think its damaged/frayed and you cant see it.

Thanks Mako! I did replace that 4-pin connector and spliced into the wires from a wiring diagram I've seen on this forum. Wire #'s 7, 8, 9, and 10.
Bought a bag of 10 of those connectors, so if anybody needs one, drop me a line!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic