No battery life after a crash

Reaction score
Sorry, this should state Phantom 2 Vision and hence in worng group. I have seen a number of things I will try before I ask any further..

Greetings,

Looking for any help here...

I managed to bump into a lamp post sending my Phantom 2 to the ground. At first I thought it was only a couple of blades but since then the battery life is non existent (like 1 minute) I have tried with spare fully charged battery and the same result.

Any ideas what could cause this ?

Thanks,

Sc00bee

Last edited:
Sorry, this should state Phantom 2 Vision and hence in worng group. I have seen a number of things I will try before I ask any further..

Greetings,

Looking for any help here...

I managed to bump into a lamp post sending my Phantom 2 to the ground. At first I thought it was only a couple of blades but since then the battery life is non existent (like 1 minute) I have tried with spare fully charged battery and the same result.

Any ideas what could cause this ?

Thanks,

Sc00bee

With the battery outside of your P2 will it turn on? If so then check the battery terminal to see if the assembly isn't broken and spring loaded battery info pins that they are functioning. Last, of all check the battery wires inside the shell to the main board for cold solder connections, If either of those info pins do not make contact with the batteries copper pads there will be no power. The other thing that will cause no power is the GPS connector came loose in the crash.

A word of caution stay away from trees and lamp post.:)

What lights flash, does the battery voltage drop suddenly in the app, the battery is smart and connects via 2 small pins next to the battery terminals, are they bent or damaged

Hi again...

Right I have opened up, everything seems to be in tact, cables, connectors (including battery pins), GPS antenna is fine. I tried again today and same thing. Managed to calibrate GPS ok, had 9 satellites connected and as soon as I took off the lights started flashing red, the battery goes to 1% on the app and alarm on my iPhone and it then auto lands. The battery goes from full power down to one minute as the alarm kicks in.

Only thing I can now think is that both batteries are quite old (4 years +), could it be as simple as the fact that I need new batteries ?

Any help appreciated as me and my sons are dying to fly again...

Regards,

Sc00bee

Update: just ran the batteries in the house with props on and is is taking the normal time to run the batteries out (20 mins+) so seems only when it is airborne that the battery issue come up.

Hi again...

Right I have opened up, everything seems to be in tact, cables, connectors (including battery pins), GPS antenna is fine. I tried again today and same thing. Managed to calibrate GPS ok, had 9 satellites connected and as soon as I took off the lights started flashing red, the battery goes to 1% on the app and alarm on my iPhone and it then auto lands. The battery goes from full power down to one minute as the alarm kicks in.

Only thing I can now think is that both batteries are quite old (4 years +), could it be as simple as the fact that I need new batteries ?

Any help appreciated as me and my sons are dying to fly again...

Regards,

Sc00bee

Update: just ran the batteries in the house with props on and is is taking the normal time to run the batteries out (20 mins+) so seems only when it is airborne that the battery issue come up.

Replace those batteries. Testing the batteries in the house as you are really is useless without a true load. There are three current capacities listed in the software Design, Full and current. If fully charge battery looks like this the P2 will not stay in the air long. Short battery life comes from two things age and poor maintenance (storage at 50%).

Barttery #2 before charging.jpg
Barttery #2 after charging.jpg

Reactions: crash1sttime
Thanks Jason,

New batteries on route, hopefully thats the solution as I can't see what else it is.

Thanks to all for the help here, will let you all know what happens when the batteries arrive.

Cheers,

Scoobs

Reactions: crash1sttime

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4