No ATTI - Am I missing something?

Reaction score
Gents,

Recently noticed that when I switch S2 from position 1 (GPS) to position 2 (presumably ATTI), nothing happens. I dont get slow yellow and the P2 doesnt act as if its in ATTI by floating/drifting. It should be noted I had a crash a little while back.

In short... the P2 does not switch to ATTI and only stays in GPS.

Have you connected the Phantom to your assistant and checked the calibration and settings since the crash?

It MAY be coincidental to your crash that the S1 switch failed.

Like Modzilla said, hook it up and do some diagnostics.

This should be one of the first things you do as folks here will have questions that need information from doing this.

Gents,

Recently noticed that when I switch S2 from position 1 (GPS) to position 2 (presumably ATTI), nothing happens. I dont get slow yellow and the P2 doesnt act as if its in ATTI by floating/drifting. It should be noted I had a crash a little while back.

Unless you are set in the Naza-M mode in you P2 software the center position on S1 (right hand switch) is not ATTI. So if you're in the Phantom mode the center position of S1 will still flash a slow green.

After a crash it's always a good idea to do an advance IMU calibration on a level surface.

Yes. What they said. Hook up to software and make sure you're in Naza-M mode, and check the operation of S-2 (both for making sure the switch works AND that the switch functions are set right).

Good points gents.

I frequently forget about Phantom - Naza modes as I've been in Naza since flight #3 15 mos. ago.

So that was my theory @jason and @uncleremus. But I recall many months ago (without making any changes in the software), I was able to fly in ATTI or GPS by simplying flicking S1. Was there something in the updates that made me flip to Phantom?

I usually do a full calibration every few weeks. We are good there. S1 and S2 are both fully functional.

Gents,

So that was my theory @jason and @uncleremus. But I recall many months ago (without making any changes in the software), I was able to fly in ATTI or GPS by simplying flicking S1. Was there something in the updates that made me flip to Phantom?

I usually do a full calibration every few weeks. We are good there. S1 and S2 are both fully functional.

Whens the last time you looked at what was printed right next to both S1/S2. So that I do not have quote you read your own statement. Neither Uncle Remus nor I need a lesson in where ATTI is or where to find it. So don't be a know it all smart ***.

Last edited:
Whens the last time you looked at what was printed right next to both S1/S2. So that I do not have quote you read your own statement. Neither Uncle Remus nor I need a lesson in where ATTI is or where to find it. So don't be a know it all smart ***.

A little hard on the Beaver there aren't ya Ward? :D

Remus has it backwards too.

That whole reading right to left thing is a PITA.

OP - connect it to the computer and see what mode it's in.

Jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez. I was only making a comment about how it was weird that I don't recall flipping modes. Easy there partner!!

house-gif.24673_zpsuwrsz9mx.gif

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20