No 2.7k Option on Phantom 3 Advanced

Reaction score
Okay so this is going to be a very newbie question but hear me out, so I bought a new P3A on eBay running firmware 1.3.20 with the RC running 1.5.80 and the app 2.8.2 on a galaxy S6. So when I go to the DJI GO app there is no option to select 2.7k video, I'm guessing this is because the 2.7k update came out with 1.4.0010 firmware. So in order to get 2.7k video I would have to update the firmware, right? Can someone advised which firmware to update to. Also what else will need to get updated to work with the new firmware. Thank you.

Okay so this is going to be a very newbie question but hear me out, so I bought a new P3A on eBay running firmware 1.3.20 with the RC running 1.5.80 and the app 2.8.2 on a galaxy S6. So when I go to the DJI GO app there is no option to select 2.7k video, I'm guessing this is because the 2.7k update came out with 1.4.0010 firmware. So in order to get 2.7k video I would have to update the firmware, right? Can someone advised which firmware to update to. Also what else will need to get updated to work with the new firmware. Thank you.

There is absolutely no legitimate reason not to upgrade your quad, batteries and RC to the latest available firmware. There is equally no legitimate reason not to upgrade your GO app to the latest available version.

There is absolutely no legitimate reason not to upgrade your quad, batteries and RC to the latest available firmware. There is equally no legitimate reason not to upgrade your GO app to the latest available version.
Thank you, after reading all the horror stories about upgrading I was nervous to go ahead and do so. But I upgraded to 1.9.60 with the RC on 1.6.0 I now have the 2.7k option and everything is working just fine.

Lots of posts on 1.9 not being ideal. I went to 1.8 myself after a week of testing 1.6.

Thank you, after reading all the horror stories about upgrading I was nervous to go ahead and do so. But I upgraded to 1.9.60 with the RC on 1.6.0 I now have the 2.7k option and everything is working just fine.
Good stuff.

If everyone believed all the horror stories no one would ever fly.

One just needs to be sensible about all of this:
After upgrading go through all your settings and confirm they are still what you want them to be (RTH, max alt, camera etc).
Check MOD values.
Reclibrate the IMU. (personal choice)
Normal preflight checks.
Fly at least one battery checking everything (hover, sticks, camera, battery voltage etc)
Confirm GPS accuracy on radar and map.
Take it out low to about 30 meters in an open area and confirm RTH works as expected. (This will also help confirm compass accuracy)
Gently take it up and away and confirm connectivity.

This is a camera platform, not a hotrod.

Darn, too late, I would have loved to see some FPV bitrate analysis on the original firmware. Its very possible your FPV live view was considerably better (like the P3P) on the original firmware.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20