Night Flights

Reaction score
If you are not doing night flights, you are literally only enjoying 50% of the thrills possible with your P3. I can go up 500 ft and fly 4,000 ft away and still see my P3. Your LOS increases by a factor of 5 or 6. It looks so cool as it streaks across the sky at night. The red lights blinking and looking so much like a UFO. I have made the local newspaper. Enjoy a night flight . It is no harder to do than a day flight, actually easier.

I agree. I love night flights. The world looks so different at night.

Yes night flights are awesome with the lights...a lot easier to keep track of with the lights too

Unfortunately Transport Canada says no flying from dusk to dawn. I'd love to try it though

Yes, the Aust Civil Aviation Authority also bans night flying, but..... :)

Night flights at the beach are the best. I can only imagine how all the people sitting on porches seeing it a mile off shore, blinking lights and all. Must look like a ufo

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: BGCCDX
Yes, I agree, night flights at the beach are great. I fly from the top of my apartment building at xxxx, across the river, follow the beach to yyyy :) It's extremely beautiful. I haven't taken any great shots yet, but I'm sure I will once I'm more familiar with everything at night.

Night flying IS fun, just be sure to ascend straight up from your takeoff point to 150+' (or higher than any surrounding buildings or structures) and when you come back maintain height until overhead. I have done a lot of night flying (NOE, Hi/Lo bird) and it can be exciting, sometimes a little to exciting. Hard to keep perspective and judge distance so keep LOS if at all possible. (and watch out for the ghetto bird, he can SEE YOU just as easily)

Reactions: Bigdz
Can the camera see anything? Do you take pictures and if so what setting?

I grabbed a few pix at the del mar fair in California last night. I still need to work on my settings more to get it right.
5f409db01339e0a25d0cf0c6c564eb8e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just did my first night flight last night and will try more it was lots of fun.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I told you you would love it! Nice video.

Reactions: Ti22

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic