Night flight/ and cold temps

Reaction score
hey all, I'm wanting to do a night flight this evening. However is quite cold around 0-1'C
Would it still be OK to fly the drone, taking into consideration previous battery issues?

Reactions: Captdre
Remember this, electronics don't take too well to heat, and the same goes for extreme cold. I don't know what kind of components DJI uses but unless they are Military grade they will be effected by the cold as well as hotter temps. I am not saying that you shouldn't fly. Just saying that be careful, and take note how your bird operates. I had mine out yesterday and it seemed to operate a tad bit sluggish at 12 degrees F outside. I did not take too far out because of the cold. I would be curious to know how yours does. There are others here that regularly fly in the cold with no problems. I just know through experience that electronics will act strange at extreme temps one way or the other.

hey all, I'm wanting to do a night flight this evening. However is quite cold around 0-1'C
Would it still be OK to fly the drone, taking into consideration previous battery issues?
I've flown in way colder temps and never noticed a problem. If you're nervous, warm her up inside before going out and keep her low and slow until you're comfortable.

Reactions: Simmsy
Remember this, electronics don't take too well to heat, and the same goes for extreme cold. I don't know what kind of components DJI uses but unless they are Military grade they will be effected by the cold as well as hotter temps. I am not saying that you shouldn't fly. Just saying that be careful, and take note how your bird operates. I had mine out yesterday and it seemed to operate a tad bit sluggish at 12 degrees F outside. I did not take too far out because of the cold. I would be curious to know how yours does. There are others here that regularly fly in the cold with no problems. I just know through experience that electronics will act strange at extreme temps one way or the other.
Hey mate, it was fine only took her out about 2500ft but operated fine.

Awesome. Glad to hear it. Maybe they used good quality parts. I would think they did, because of the cost of these things. I work with industrial electronics on a daily basis. This is why I said what I said. I could have been imagining things when I said mine was a bit sluggish. Could have been looking at something that I always had going on too. I'm old. That's my excuse....lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31