Nice High Elevation 12,000ft (3500M) Vision + Footage

Reaction score
Greetings:

I bought a new Vision+ one week ago, and I have been having great fun with it so far. I took it down to Summit County Colorado and made a number of flights around 12,000ft elevation. The Phantom seemed to perform well at high elevation, even though my descents in the thin air were more prone to prop wash, so I had to be careful to move in a different direction from the wind when descending in the thin air.

Below is a video and a picture from my Colorado adventure, enjoy...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG5I15S6_GE[/youtube]

Attachments

• ClintonGulchPano1k.jpg
    ClintonGulchPano1k.jpg
    464.7 KB · Views: 1,244
Shepherd said:
Ouch. That's a show reel that clearly displays all of the shortcomings of the Vision camera.

Nice locations - wasted footage.
so you slam other folks for their questions and now you slam someone's posted video as 'wasted footage'... why not contribute to the forum in a positive manner vs. being so negative. Negative energy is what is a waste...

Chuggie - I personally thought your video was great. Thank you for sharing!

Great video! Nice short edits, smooth flying and shots.
Far from wasted footage.

Oh and good choice of music. I used the same track few weeks ago.

Shepherd said:
Ouch. That's a show reel that clearly displays all of the shortcomings of the Vision camera.

yawwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Yeah whatever, only way you will be happy is having a broadcast quality TV camera slung under a helicopter......go get a life m8 its a $1400 quad ffs !

Personally I liked it chuggs !!

:D

Shepherd said:

It shows my lack as well with the comment, can I ask what's actually wrong with the video, that shot scrolling over the water looks as good as anything I've seen..not trying to stir up things I'm lost as it does look very good here.

Shepherd said:

what is wrong with the footage or are you just one of those people who picks on everything go get a life fool

srandall25 said:
Shepherd said:

so you slam other folks for their questions and now you slam someone's posted video as 'wasted footage'... why not contribute to the forum in a positive manner vs. being so negative. Negative energy is what is a waste...

-----

That is what they call a 'Troll': pretty much posting negative comments to any topic to rile things up for no apparent reason. If you look at the 28 post this guy posted, a lot of them are negative, derogatory or dismissive. Probably a difficult childhood, negative self image, bullied at school, no friends and using this forum as his only window to communicate with the outside world to 'get back' at whatever he thinks he need to get back at. Sad.

Anyway, great video. I am heading to Colorado in a few weeks myself and hoping to shoot some nice footage.

Chuggie,
How high were you above the water over Clinton Gulch reservoir? It looks pretty low and if you were using the P2V+, it is probably even lower than it looks.

Shepherd said:

Wasted footage? I thought it looked amazing. These flying cameras have allowed us ordinary folk to capture amazing footage once only available to professionals at an affordable price. Why not keep your negative opinions to yourself instead of criticizing peoples videos?

Phantom_Menace66 said:
Shepherd said:

Wasted footage? I thought it looked amazing. These flying cameras have allowed us ordinary folk to capture amazing footage once only available to professionals at an affordable price. Why not keep your negative opinions to yourself instead of criticizing peoples videos?

Phantom_Menace66,
That poster (troll) is just wasting bandwidth belittling everyone with his [obviously] superior flight and camera skills and unparalleled intellect.

chuggy, that was a nice footage, I enjoy watching it. F... the guy who thinks it's wasted footage.

He never did answer why it was bad, got me beat, I took the positive from what he said in that : What's actually wrong, it seems that there was in-fact nothing wrong, this is good as I was confused

An opinion when unjustified is most confusing. After the onslaught I doubt he will reply so we will never know I suppose.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj