NG question.. already..

Reaction score
Checking these threads, see there are several issues with video disconnect / control disconnect. After several months of no issues, my P3S suddenly started doing same thing. I use an older Apple 5s phone. Also, says “strong interference...”. I tried it on a newer phone and seemed to work fine. Looking at an upgrade like a tablet etc., just for drone... anything Apple is expensive, where lot of Android is more affordable. I’m computer illiterate on this stuff but is there an Android app, apparently DJI GO only for Apple? Certainly not buying another phone $$$! Also had anyone had any luck with the upgraded antennas or the sail deflector? Thanks!

DJI Go has both an IOS and Android version. You can use either device.

Reactions: dclifton
I did a DYI windsurfer, made with a Manila file folder and aluminum foil. I was surprised how well it worked, nearly doubling my range.
Then, after seeing many videos with such great range that battery life becomes an issue, I decided to get the Argteck antennas. I have gotten slightly better range than the windsurfer. Kinda disappointed. I think I’ll get better range if/when I get out from under all these trees! I have only flown twice since installing the Argteck, so I am hoping the trees are the reason for only getting 1600’ out. It does seem to have better tx/rx going straight up, but I can only go 400’ up without breaking laws.

I did a DYI windsurfer, made with a Manila file folder and aluminum foil. I was surprised how well it worked, nearly doubling my range.
Then, after seeing many videos with such great range that battery life becomes an issue, I decided to get the Argteck antennas. I have gotten slightly better range than the windsurfer. Kinda disappointed. I think I’ll get better range if/when I get out from under all these trees! I have only flown twice since installing the Argteck, so I am hoping the trees are the reason for only getting 1600’ out. It does seem to have better tx/rx going straight up, but I can only go 400’ up without breaking laws.

1875a80a4469013548e298d048fe2482.jpg

This?

There are plenty of Android Tablets that work with the P3 ....

But make sure it has good RAM / ROM amount .. I bought a refurb Nexus 7 Vers 2 16Gb for about $150 on ebay and its been excellent. It was on my P3S and then later on my P3P.

I am sure there are better as well ! But dedicate it to the P3 and you'll be happy.

On subject of range ... the Windsurfer helps a lot to increase CONTROL signal ... but does nothing for the video / telemetry side.
But a replacement antenna system such as ARGTEK or ITELITE can make a huge difference.

My P3S went from about 300m urban, 700m rural.. stock to :

With Windsurfer : about 600+m urban, 1200m rural
With Argtek : about 1000m urban, 2500m rural
Argtek with dual windsurfer : about 2000m urban, 5000m rural

It really became a matter of battery flight time eventually and it killed my P3S when I exceeded battery and she went swimming in the river.

Nigel

Reactions: Brother Dave

Yes, that’s the one! I haven’t tried the flat panels yet. Also read on this site, someone said to take the nuts off the base of the antenna mounts, because they are too short, not making good contact.
Haven’t had a chance to fly again since my last post, due to weather and life, lol.

There are plenty of Android Tablets that work with the P3 ....

But make sure it has good RAM / ROM amount .. I bought a refurb Nexus 7 Vers 2 16Gb for about $150 on ebay and its been excellent. It was on my P3S and then later on my P3P.

I am sure there are better as well ! But dedicate it to the P3 and you'll be happy.

On subject of range ... the Windsurfer helps a lot to increase CONTROL signal ... but does nothing for the video / telemetry side.
But a replacement antenna system such as ARGTEK or ITELITE can make a huge difference.

My P3S went from about 300m urban, 700m rural.. stock to :

With Windsurfer : about 600+m urban, 1200m rural
With Argtek : about 1000m urban, 2500m rural
Argtek with dual windsurfer : about 2000m urban, 5000m rural

It really became a matter of battery flight time eventually and it killed my P3S when I exceeded battery and she went swimming in the river.

Nigel

Argh! Love water, not landing in it. Battery dying is a major concern here, because although I live in the sticks, neighbors have 2 - 40 acre lots, and are very territorial. Not exactly drone lovers, either.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj