NFZs for lower versions of firmware/software

Reaction score
I have intensionally not upgraded my app/rc/air software/firmware because I didn't want to get entangled in the geofencing/nfz issues I was reading about. I am on :

DJI app - 2.5
RC - 1.4.3
Air - 1.4.1

However, today I was in the DC area (outside of the DC NFZ posted by the FAA - but close, and DJI) and I got a message on my screen that I was in a restricted area and couldn't fly. And, in fact, I could not take off.

So my question might have an obvious answer, but I didn't think my versions of the software/firmware had NFZ rules in them.

Thoughts? thanks, Bill

thanks for the welcome and info. a couple of things. I was a good mile outside of the DC flight restriction area on your link although later restriction area maps show me right on the edge. and obviously, what you are saying is that my earlier version has restrictions already in it.

With regard to the battery, I read what I could (as you know, there is sometimes very little info or confusing info in the release notes) and it appeared that you had to be careful to fully charge your battery in cold weather. Quick thoughts on that if you have them. thanks, again...

Yeah the firmware updates included no fly zones in DC soon after the moron crashed on the white house lawn - in Jan 2015 I believe it was...

Yes you definitely want to launch on a fully charged battery regardless of the air temp. And don't fly on a cold battery (stick it in your inside coat pocket or something).

Otherwise you risk the battery shutting itself off at an inconvenient moment.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj