Nexus 7

Reaction score
I have purchased a Nexus 7 Android version 4.4.4 to use instead of a phone to fly my Phantom 2 Vision +. I thought the larger screen would be better for my poor eyesight. Although it is a fine bit of kit and can do many things that I didn't know existed, when I tried to download the App it is saying that " your device isn't compatible with this version". Am I doing something wrong, any advice would be helpful.

Milly said:
I have purchased a Nexus 7 Android version 4.4.4 to use instead of a phone to fly my Phantom 2 Vision +. I thought the larger screen would be better for my poor eyesight. Although it is a fine bit of kit and can do many things that I didn't know existed, when I tried to download the App it is saying that " your device isn't compatible with this version". Am I doing something wrong, any advice would be helpful.

Where are you downloading from?

Hello,

I can help you with that. You will need to manually install the software.

Installing the software:

1. Go into your device SETTINGS and scroll down to the DEVICE ADMINISTRATION section.
2. Place a check mark in the Unknown sources option
3. Using your device, open a browser (Chrome) and navigate to DJI’s support site.
4. Look for ‘Downloads’ under the Phantom 2 Vision +, and click.
5. I think the full URL is http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vi ... s/download
6. Click the ‘APP’ button for the DJI Vision App. The app will download to your device.
7. Go into your device SETTINGS and scroll down to the DEVICE section.
8. Click the ‘Storage’ option, then click the ‘Downloads’ option.
9. Click on the DJI_VISION_V1.0.59.apk file you just downloaded.
10. The App will install on your device.

Other points of interest:

1. If your Nexus 7 mentions an Android Update to version 5.x, I would highly recommend that you DO NOT install this update. People are having issues with this update, and it will also cause the DJI App to crash, and you will not be able to fly.
2. Prior to using the DJI App, I would enable ‘AIRPLANE MODE’, and then re-enable WiFi to connect to your Phantom WiFi extender.
3. If you are flying near a WiFi access point that you have previously connected too, I would recommend to remove those SSID’s too. That’s should prevent your Nexus 7 from inadvertently re-connecting to those WAP’s.

I hope this helps! Good Luck, and have fun.

Best Regards

Bitbucket said:
Hello,

I can help you with that. You will need to manually install the software.

Installing the software:

1. Go into your device SETTINGS and scroll down to the DEVICE ADMINISTRATION section.
2. Place a check mark in the Unknown sources option
3. Using your device, open a browser (Chrome) and navigate to DJI’s support site.
4. Look for ‘Downloads’ under the Phantom 2 Vision +, and click.
5. I think the full URL is http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-2-vi ... s/download
6. Click the ‘APP’ button for the DJI Vision App. The app will download to your device.
7. Go into your device SETTINGS and scroll down to the DEVICE section.
8. Click the ‘Storage’ option, then click the ‘Downloads’ option.
9. Click on the DJI_VISION_V1.0.59.apk file you just downloaded.
10. The App will install on your device.

Other points of interest:

1. If your Nexus 7 mentions an Android Update to version 5.x, I would highly recommend that you DO NOT install this update. People are having issues with this update, and it will also cause the DJI App to crash, and you will not be able to fly.
2. Prior to using the DJI App, I would enable ‘AIRPLANE MODE’, and then re-enable WiFi to connect to your Phantom WiFi extender.
3. If you are flying near a WiFi access point that you have previously connected too, I would recommend to remove those SSID’s too. That’s should prevent your Nexus 7 from inadvertently re-connecting to those WAP’s.

I hope this helps! Good Luck, and have fun.

Best Regards

Good job... saved me a lot of typing... :D :D :D

-slinger

Thank you all for going to the trouble to reply to my posts with some fine advice. I took it into work and a young lad that works with me is a bit of a techno geek worked it out for me.
Regards
Milly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj