Nexus 7 tablet 2012 model?

Reaction score
Hey peeps. Just wondering if anyone else uses or knows others who use a nexus 7 2012 model tablet for the p2v? The kindle fire I was TRYING to use was a big bust. Wouldn't load maps for ground station. Also, worse really, is that it never showed the correct orientation of my bird on radar. So I just ordered the nexus bc I wasn't tryin to spend a ton of cash on a dedicated tablet for phantom use only. It was cheap on Amazon so can return or just give away if it sucks. Thank y'all in advance for advice or comments

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

e2bed87b4eb6bca1dce3d3eac3039086.jpg

Do a search on the forum. The topic of using a Nexus 7 with all Phantom models has been discussed countless times.

Yea but the ones I found didn't specify the model year. Also didn't find any posts newer than the middle of last yr. thanks tho

Really? Then the search on the forum needs to be overhauled. All posts will tell you that the Nexus 7 is outstanding for use as your FPV device. I use one as well. The second most or equally popular android tablet is the Nvidia Shield.

Reactions: Big Dog
I gathered that. But I purchased one that's 4 years old. Was just trying to find out if it works well or if I should get a newer model

I use the 2012 nexus, works great. Mine is the 32G model, don't know if that will matter or not.

Reactions: Big Dog
Thanks a lot man.

What mount do you use to attach it to the transmitter. I have one that came with an arm and ball socket like the one comes with the bird but really don't like it much. Can't find one that attaches to the middle that is compatible with p2

Yes, I would do some reading in the threads below. I believe there is a 2013 Nexus 7 as well, which may have some advantages. I was thinking of getting a Nexus 7 at some point.

I gathered that. But I purchased one that's 4 years old. Was just trying to find out if it works well or if I should get a newer model

Yes, most of us Nexus users on here use the same Nexus as you have.

Awesome. Thanks guys

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1