Nexus 7 first generation

Reaction score
Hi fellow Dronians,

Is anyone using the Nexus 7 32 GB 1'st generation fir flying the Phantom 3s, and is it good enough?

I have a chance to buy one cheap and it looks like new.

Cheers Mike

Sent from my GT-I9300 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hi there,

I have over 50 flights using Nexus 7 (2013).
- It's good enough for showing you 720p video feedback.
- There is enough place to store lots of your flights video, photo et log (32gb)

Those are PRO but...

You will have some glitch on your live video feedback do to not enough power of the tablet. The brightness is not so good in direct sunlight. I pay mine 100$cnd, so i have quality for 100$.

A friend of mine just bought Galaxy Tab (2016, don't remember the model) with taxes he pay almost 500$cnd so i can without no dought that his image is really more clear, the color are bright and i never saw a video glight on the playback 720p.

So yes Nexus 7 works correctly, but its not the perfect tablet to fly your bird.

just my 2 cents

I have been using the Nexus 7,Gen 1 for about the last 20 flights with no issues,I paid $60.00 for it with a nice hard case,with comes off for flying,the case stays on for home use,I use the 7 alot at home,as far as video storage,after a flight I will empty the files onto my PC for editing,then the ones I want to keep will be moved to a massive exterior USB drive,the ONLY issue I am having with any monitor I use for flying is sun glare,I am working with my 3D printer to find a suitable,Qik change visor build,other then that,all is Hunky-Dory....
Oh! the other monitors I have used are the Moto E,the BLU 4.0,my 2nd choice,and the BLU 5.0 Advance,the do ok,ya just have to deal with the glare............
Happy Flights ta ya..............

I have been using the Nexus 7,Gen 1 for about the last 20 flights with no issues,I paid $60.00 for it with a nice hard case,with comes off for flying,the case stays on for home use,I use the 7 alot at home,as far as video storage,after a flight I will empty the files onto my PC for editing,then the ones I want to keep will be moved to a massive exterior USB drive,the ONLY issue I am having with any monitor I use for flying is sun glare,I am working with my 3D printer to find a suitable,Qik change visor build,other then that,all is Hunky-Dory....
Oh! the other monitors I have used are the Moto E,the BLU 4.0,my 2nd choice,and the BLU 5.0 Advance,the do ok,ya just have to deal with the glare............
Happy Flights ta ya..............

Hey,
I got a nexus 7 Gen 1 and a phantom 3 Professional. But I can't get them connected with each other.
Might I ask you what you've done to get them connected?
Greets!

Hey,
I got a nexus 7 Gen 1 and a phantom 3 Professional. But I can't get them connected with each other.
Might I ask you what you've done to get them connected?
Greets!
I had NO issues at all,just Wi_fi bind as normal.It may need a second go,but I had no issues.

I had NO issues at all,just Wi_fi bind as normal.It may need a second go,but I had no issues.
thanks for your quick reply.
I thought it could work out of the box bot nope. I have Android 5.1.1 on it, I tried it normal and rooted, tried several cables, but I never got it connected to the RC.
So, which App version and which Android version are you using?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers