Nexus 7 32gb. Vs. iPad 3

Reaction score
Amazon accidentally sent me a Nexus 7, 32 gb today, I've been using my iPad 3 with my Phantom 3. The iPad is a bit glitchy but has worked fine so far. Any opinions on using the Nexus vs. iPad?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I use a Nexus 7 (v2) 32 gig & it works great. Strange thing is I bought it a couple of years ago, the white one no less, as an update to my original N7. It had been sitting new in the box until I purchased the P3. Really worked out well, especially being the white model.

Amazon accidentally sent me a Nexus 7, 32 gb today, I've been using my iPad 3 with my Phantom 3. The iPad is a bit glitchy but has worked fine so far. Any opinions on using the Nexus vs. iPad?

Thanks for all the help, it worked great!

i have a windows tablet on which i can get DJI GO to work (with blustacks) but it doesn't get the RC signal.

So I'm thinking of buying a used nexus as well, especially as it's much cheaper than an ipad (especially since i won't be using for anyhing else).

Will the DJI GO have the same functionalities on the nexus as on an apple device?

Nexus all day baby at a fraction of the cost!!

That's great to know as a cheaper alternative to Apple. While I like apple, for a drone application, what ever works best for the price is what I want for outdoor use. less money is always better. And that leaves more money for the drone upgrades or replacement parts. Tks

And just to confirm, it has a gps also?

Does it have to be a 32 or will a 16 work also?

Last edited:
I have 16gb. there are 9gb free. It has android 6.11. and a few other apps.
Got it 2 weeks ago on ebay from texas. $127usd plus shipping.
Just make sure you get Nexus 7 2013. Sometimes called 2nd gen.

It has both gps systems. I had 16 sats yesterday. Also has wifi.

Reactions: HMR and Egonvdv
For the price, the Nexus 7 2013 (16gb) is hard to beat. Got mine for about $100 from a groupon deal a little more then a month ago. Runs the DJI app perfectly and comes with gps built in.

Reactions: HMR and Egonvdv
I can get the nexus 7 2013 16gb version or the nvidia k1 ....money being no consideration.. Which would be better for a dedicated tablet.Any opinions?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.