Next Phantom release

Reaction score
To all of us jumping on the latest and greatest... Let my prediction be recorded here and now. By Christmas DJI will release the next Phantom and the camera will have optical zoom. Motorized zoom lens like all of the point and shoot pocket cameras that we already have.

feels like the vision owners get shafted anyway. the one with 3D gimbal looks to the the most future proof atm. price/functionality wise atleast.

Flyboy said:
I'm waiting until they offer "Object Awareness" Never hit anything while flying.

I've had that on two of my quads for almost two years now (multiple sonar sensors). so easy. Even to program 'sight' isn't difficult.

myvrodrocks said:
To all of us jumping on the latest and greatest... Let my prediction be recorded here and now. By Christmas DJI will release the next Phantom and the camera will have optical zoom. Motorized zoom lens like all of the point and shoot pocket cameras that we already have.

Yeah ;/ And will call Vision + + , additional plus and anyway , one more feature worth to throw our previous bird and when buy new one ,will not be compatible with Vision + no mentioned with Standard Vision. That is called bloody marketing and from customers side it's called how ? Pride maybe, greed .

Best regards to all Master of Gadgets

Will be called the Vision zoom. Or Vision 3. Once they realize how confused their customers are they will just keep climbing with numbers. Microsoft 95 98 2000 ME XP Vista 7,8.... Iphone 3 3g3gs 4 5 6....

I lease my car knowing there will be a better one next year. You just have to say, 'This is the best available for the money today and that's why I'm getting it'.

Imagine if everyone waited to get an HDTV because they kept getting better and cheaper and you just couldn't bring yourself to jump in for fear of instant obsolescence. We'd all still be watching SDTV and the format would never have made it. I for one bought my first HDTV (64 inch rear projection CRT, $5000) when the only content was a demo channel showing HD video of the space shuttle at NASA. This is just another technology. You could wait forever and never get one and then die.

BlackTracer said:
Imagine if everyone waited to get an HDTV because they kept getting better and cheaper and you just couldn't bring yourself to jump in for fear of instant obsolescence. We'd all still be watching SDTV and the format would never have made it. I for one bought my first HDTV (64 inch rear projection CRT, $5000) when the only content was a demo channel showing HD video of the space shuttle at NASA. This is just another technology. You could wait forever and never get one and then die.

Where's the "Like" button when you need it? :D Couldn't agree more, jump in and buy it if you want it!

The only two features I want yet are HDMI out for functionality with Lightbridge (1080P FPV) and also a zoom feature would be nice.

PhilAnderson said:
BlackTracer said:

Where's the "Like" button when you need it? :D Couldn't agree more, jump in and buy it if you want it!

Like Like :) Yeah, there's always going to be a new thing. Company's are in such a rush releasing products that are all technically being beta tested by new purchasers and come out with a new one just as the original unit is finally working as it should.

Moral of the story is every year or two a new better version of whatever it is will be out for the sake of driving profits. And if you keep waiting and waiting you'll never get it. So you need to pull the trigger on your purchase at some point.

And about the next Phantom after the +? That could very possibly be a slightly changed or maybe even improved unit. As Colin Guinn once said in an interview, it couldn't avoid objects doing an RTH "yet". "yet" being the operative word so we'll see it in some future Phantom. I'm thinking the next Phantom will have even more powerful motors, better flight time (maybe) and avoidance capabilities. Maybe DJI will make a 6 rotor Phantom as well. And if we're talking "Vision" the next iteration will undoubtedly have a further improved camera along with the ability to take pictures and videos at the same time. Though it's probably never going to be quite as good as the highest end GoPro available at the same time.

myvrodrocks said:

it already does "push the right stick up" and you have Zoom :)

Optical zoom will alter the camera's balance which wont be good for the gimbal.

BlackTracer said:

Cant agree more

Scottrod said:
The only two features I want yet are HDMI out for functionality with Lightbridge (1080P FPV) and also a zoom feature would be nice.

For zoom functionality and low weight, they should do something like Nokia did with their PureView 808 - a 40+ megapixel image sensor allowing for good digital zoom with low mass and no moving parts.

You will go broke trying to keep up with "Bleeding Edge Technology". Best to stay one step behind with "Cutting Edge Technology". This way you save money and you let everyone else work the bugs out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj