next DJI GO 4.xx forced update

Reaction score
Till I understand what are the new "features" and benefits of the next DJI GO 4.xx update including this new activation process, I will try to avoid this forced upgrade. Just because I don´t understand the meaning of : "... ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile....."
I hope turning off my WIFI before opening my actual DJI 4 is enough to prevent this forced update.

Reactions: Myp4
The activation process is not new. You just need to log into your DJI account in DJI GO. You've done this at least once before when you first activated your Phantom in DJI GO.

Here's some more details from another email I received from DJI:

EmailFromDJI.jpg

So true. It would have been helpful if DJI wouldn't have released such a vague statement.

Reactions: Miltrez and Dazzauk
"SDK" stands for "Software Development Kit". Apps like Litchi use it to talk to the aircraft.

According the above document, there will be no changes unless you live in China. I can only assume that information is correct. That said, you can continue to update DJI GO and your firmware with no ill effects.

Reactions: Miltrez
I revived this from dji support after asking about the update.

Lloyd E (DJI)

5月24日 CST02:57

Hello,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical support.

To address your concern, the update is not really restricting users from flying but rather, It is for the upcoming update for the DJI Go app 4.

All customers will need to log into their DJI GO accounts again to complete the application activation process, or else aircraft performance will be limited. To ensure you can use the new DJI GO 4 and DJI GO apps, make sure you stay connected to the Internet after updating and complete the login process.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact DJI Europe Support, Mon-Fri 8:30AM - 5:00PM (UTC+1) via

Thanks to msinger for sharing this. I dont leave in china[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

So many people are making such a to do about nothing!
Totally agree with you on that!

Big Brother is all around us and there is virtually nothing you can do about it. Consider your Cell Phone, it is a walking GPS and knows where you are all the time.

I don't worry about things I have NO Control over! And this is one of them.

Keep em flying!

I quit using DJI GO in November because it crashed every time I tried to use it. I switched to Litchi and have been very pleased with it. I am wondering if any such update on the DJI GO app will affect my Phantom 4? I only retained DJI GO in case I needed to calibrate, etc. I plan on continuing to fly using Litchi.
Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

I update my phantom 4 at few days ago and have flown it several times and I haven't noticed any change.
Keep flying quit worrying
Yip same done new log in here flying litchi NO problems here :)

Any intentional DJI restriction affecting DJI GO 4 will also affect Litchi, because such restriction will also be embedded into the DJI SDK used by all 3rd party developers, like Litchi.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31