Newton Drone Owner Files Federal Lawsuit Against City

from the number of bugs splattered on my drone, they will even kill zika mosquito's.
but wasn't boston the city that wet their pants when someone hung up a lite brite toy.

Haven't these local yokel bureaucrats ever heard of the Supremacy Clause of the Constitution? Get your popcorn out!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
If it is our msinger, I am sure his legal counsel has advised him to not discuss details of the case until resolution.

Looking forward to the outcome of this one. Would love to see a formal federal preemption of these local laws that effectively limit or deny our ability to access the national airspace.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: GoLoves
and thank god he didn't file in california. 9th loons would declare all drones enemy combatants and lock them up in gitmo.

I'm glad he is forcing this issue, it was going to happen sooner or later. The sooner all this silliness of local ordinances is put to rest the better. You have my support!

Probably had to wait till that crook left office, his FAA would lie in court, or throw the case to let newton win.

Probably had to wait till that crook left office, his FAA would lie in court, or throw the case to let newton win.
Any evidence to these claims of FAA lying?
A link to specifics would suffice.

Holy crap I think it is our msinger

Update: no, no it's is not. Just a really big coincidence
Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Please post a link sw.
Often people confuse and conflate.
Objectivity is in short supply at times.

No link, no credibility.

Reactions: mdowney58
Sorry for keeping the dream going for so long... I just saw this post :D

Good for Singer! It's about time. I _suspect_ that 1) local government does not care if they are in violation of the law. They get paid the same wages and if they are wrong, the courts just rule against the law. Nothing more.

I _think_ local government thing that they get this power from two issues... 1) that the regulations giving the FAA it's power also state that "Community Based Organizations" can set safety standards and 2) because they think as long as they don't trump the FAA, they can govern the airspace.

But as mentioned, I think that they just don't care if their statute are illegal or not. They plan on using them to intimidate people and if anyone was cited and fought, they would just drop the case and continue to harass people.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4