News this morning not good

Reaction score
Heard on the news this morning that close encounters with aircraft and drones is now 3 times higher than it was last year. One Senator was stating he is pushing for much harsher laws regarding the use of drones. Also story covered several incidents where firefighters were unable to use their aircraft to fight fires because of the drones in the area..

So, think about it folks. As more and more people get into this hobby we will see more stories like this. Don't do stuff that is questionable. It's cool to get video of forest fires but when it brings negative attention to the hobby, it's not so cool anymore.

Had a guy come up to me the other day and tell me that there was a small airport nearby which I didn't know about. I'm thankful for that. Take the opportunity to educate folks when the opportunity arises. ;)

I hate the way news makers use math!

So if there was 1 incident last year, how many is "3 times more"?

But as far as flyers go, it is proper to be responsible, if you know authorities are present go and talk to them, they need to know what you plan on doing. It should be part of your flight-plan.

Simple solution... Stop watching the "news"! It stopped being useful and informative dozens of years ago. Its now nothing more than a form of entertainment. Anyone that puts ANY faith in anything they say is nothing more than addicted to drama.

Reactions: snerd
Reactions: dirkclod
Heard on the news this morning that close encounters with aircraft and drones is now 3 times higher than it was last year. One Senator was stating he is pushing for much harsher laws regarding the use of drones. Also story covered several incidents where firefighters were unable to use their aircraft to fight fires because of the drones in the area..

So, think about it folks. As more and more people get into this hobby we will see more stories like this. Don't do stuff that is questionable. It's cool to get video of forest fires but when it brings negative attention to the hobby, it's not so cool anymore.

Had a guy come up to me the other day and tell me that there was a small airport nearby which I didn't know about. I'm thankful for that. Take the opportunity to educate folks when the opportunity arises. ;)
There have been 3 stories in the last week on close drone encounters. The article I read said close encounters went from 238 to 737. The problem is people pushing it and going beyond the limits. Most encounters I've read about have been above the 400' limit or interfering with firefighters.

Mark

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic