News regarding waypoints! 4 weeks to go...

My craft's been grounded for a few weeks because of some repairs I've had to make. So I've been waiting on parts and then just have had too much other stuff to worry about (plus I've never soldered a thing in my life so I've been a bit appehensive), but from what I've read on these forums, I will not update the firmware and have in the meantime rolled back my app and disabled auto-updates until I see some positive feedback. My feeling is that they rushed the new firmware/app to work with the vision +, but basically bastardized the original vision in the process, which wouldn't be such a big deal but at the price point for the original P2V????

So hopefully they work all this out before offering waypoints (which they've promised since the P2V came out!), because that is the only reason I would consider updating--my P2V worked flawlessly with the old firmware/app and the only reason it's non-functional now is pilot error.

Since their software quality control is very bad anyway, I will wait a while to load. I still have not updated to the newest updates. Lesson learned when they bricked my camera with an update.

I will never update again nor will a USB cable ever get connected to my P2V. I like ver 1.08 and the vision app 1.38 and this is where I will stay.

Every update they had since then made things worse IMO. My USB cable is now just for wifi charging and my pt2 softwares are all in a file of there own in my external hard drive and off my computer entirely. Out of sight out of mind!

Is that four weeks in real time... or four weeks in DJI time? Biiiiiiiiggggg difference... :) :D :lol: :roll:

gunslinger said:
Is that four weeks in real time... or four weeks in DJI time? Biiiiiiiiggggg difference... :) :D :lol: :roll:

That's 4 weeks in "RotorPixel" time. You do the math. I got 2038.

DKDarkness said:
JimDE said:
Gunslinger is that like dog years vs human years :lol:

It's "RCST" (RotorPixel coming soon - time)

;)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JimDE said:
Gunslinger is that like dog years vs human years :lol:

Yeah... so that comes out to 28 weeks... Sound about right? :shock: :shock: :shock:

-slinger

Just got this email....
Dear DJI Customer,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technology.

We did just release the updates for the Phantom 2 model for use with the Ground Station and hope to have a release for the Phantom 2 Vision model within the next 4-5 weeks.

4-5 weeks....instead of 3,5 max remaining according to the facebook post.

Makes me wonder if they pull these ETA's out of their backside or communicate this with testers/developpers...

The beta testers revieved the new waypoint vision app begining of last week. Here is posting from one of the beta testers.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2156939

I have been running Groundstation/waypoints on the P2V for a couple weeks. Just need a cable and Data link. I turn off the FPV to avoid conflict of using same wifi channel. Hopefully the vision app will have most of the same capabilities as groundstation.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj