NewP4 RTK user in Colorado, glad to find this forum

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. 👍

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum! :)

I'm a new P4 RTK user as of this summer. As a hydrologist, not a surveyor, am finding the technology incredibly useful for my field of work.
Steve, you will find a wealth of info here. Not too much dissent to get in the way of facts!
We tend to take for granted, the amazing software and stability of these cameras... after a while. Having hand flown helos and such... I never take it for granted.
Welcome to the forums. Nick

Tell us more about the hydrologist use.
I got my commercial certification so I can use it in my consulting business. So far I've used it to map proposed pond sites and pond excavations for determining the amount of material moved, to design an under-liner vent system and to create CAD files to submit to a pond liner company for getting liner quotes, to evaluate hay field drainage patterns to relocate irrigation ditches, to map a small stream crossing to prepare a stream restoration design following a culvert removal, and mapped a few streams for fishery enhancements and stabilization. The RTK accuracy is really amazing. All this I would have previously done with lots and lots of walking using a total station and shooting points (which over the years has lead to some back issues). An unexpected find is that, when water is crystal clear and has a calm surface, I can actually get an indication of depth down to a several feet on a sunny day. I still have to do some topo survey work in vegetation (LIDAR is not yet in the budget) and in cloudy water but the drone system has so far made that work easier. I'd never intended to buy a drone but sort had to after a while.

Reactions: Gagey52

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20