Newest P2 Transmitter Firmware To Date?

Reaction score
Anyone know the newest up to date firmware for the P2 transmitter????

I think 1.0.0.12 for older lever style and 1.0.0.24 for new dial upgrade RC's

Thanks,
I was looking a bit closer at the firmware this afternoon and read the warning. It said my firmware was up to date and this new update had something new for the newer transmitter only. I may be looking at it wrong but to me its saying this firmware will work for both style transmitters. It would only let me pick this update and nothing more. It seems to run the P2 ok. I just don't know if everything is the same. More testing....
I also found I could have this problem fixed for $75 plus shipping. I can buy a brand new one for $45 to $99. In my opinion, its just not worth the price. I also have a new Futaba 10CG on the way to use soon. Im just dead in the water until then.
I know there is a semi easy way to fix this problem but no one will give it up! When I find it, I'll pass it along.

I know the way your talking about, and tried to access the older firmware to no avail. I would have sent you a PM if I could get it to work.

Thanks much for the thought. Its much appreciated. I'll do the same when I find out.
If you know where the files are, please PM me even if it didn't work for you.
You Da Man for helping!

I might have something here. I read a few tech talks on the transmitter and found that the transmitter board has a very small button. Not sure where on the board. They said "pushing that button while turning on the power will set the transmitter to factory defaults. Then running the RC Assit will get you the latest Firmware".
I haven't looked inside yet. I'm also not sure if you need to bind the transmitter to the P2 after this reset.
Again not sure about this, but I might give it a go. What do you think?

I have never had to open my remote. But I just received my new upgrade remote, so it might be time for me to open up the old one to take a look. ;)

I wonder if this is what your talking about....but I think this is an old image of P1 remote, so I'm sure things have changed.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416603734080.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1416603734080.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 573
Might be. I need to check mine.
I emailed DJI about my problem and I got a reply back asking for a picture and the model number of the transmitter. They also said (in semi English) that I should be ok. I'm worried about the word "should". Too much money involved here.
I asked if there was a way too roll the firmware back or how to reset back to factory defaults. I'm curios on their reply. I will pass it along.
Thanks for the picture.

I just opened up my spare and can confirm it is the same with what appears to be a reset button. I pushed the button and held it. I expected a confirmation either audibly or with the led light blinking. No confirmation of any kind.

Hooked it up to RC Assistant and it did not roll it back. But I don't ever remember having a firmware update of the remote (version 1.0.1.12)

I could not get myself to purposely upgrade it to the non recommended (version 1.0.1.24).....sorry.

Here is a good video on how to pull it apart around minute 5 (I think) it talks about opening it where the antenna shroud is. Make sure to separate slowly as there are some wires that have very limited slack.

DJI Phantom 2 Vision RC Controller Antenna Mod As…: http://youtu.be/Gcl-hT5iznY

Good luck and keep us posted.

Out of curiosity did you.... Power it down, push and hold the button down while turning the power back on. Then after a second or two release the button? Anyway, that's what I read.
Good video! Thanks.

I tried that method today. When held and power is switched on, the led does not light up. I let off the reset button still no light. Power cycled RC and led works as normal.

Hooked up to RC Assistant and still version 1.0.1.12

But I still think that is my RCs factory firmware since I do not remember any updates on RC since purchase.

Hmmmm. Ok. I'll give mine a go to see what I can find out.
Also DGI emailed me wanting to know what model I have. I'm SURE DJI will answer me right away. LOL!
You never know. It could happen. ;-)

Yep.... Your right!
I did the same thing and I have the same thing. The firmware didn't change a bit. I went to try the download file which was the same as I had. Didn't think that would make any difference.
I'm at a lost.
It still seems to talk to the P2. More research I guess.

I have an answer for you. I got this email back from DJI tonight:

Dear Joe,

regarding your questions,

1. 1.0.1.24 operates safely in the DJ6 controller... We have tested that before the firmware was released.
2. yes, you can also test the gimbal movement and also connect the Phantom to assistant software, and test whether your remote controller works well on the RC calibration.
3&4. do you mean whether you can switch back to 1.0.1.12? Sorry to inform you that it is not possible to switch back to 1.0.1.24.

Don't be afraid... Calm down! I used to tremble when I flied as I have crashed the copter so many times... Start with flying slowly and safely, then gradually, things will get better and better. Well, be confident but not reckless.

Best regards,

Jolie

Sounds good! I hope.

Hi, I have been testing the DJ6 RC Transmitters I have and here is what I have to report in regards to the new firmware v 1.0.1.24

The version of Firmware that comes on the DJ6's I sell is 1.0.1.12. When the DJ6 is turned on with this firmware the light is a reddish color and there is no sound from the DJ6.
After upgrading to the new firmware V1.0.1.24 the led on the DJ6 is green and the DJ6 beeps 3 times.

The new firmware seems to work fine with the Phantom but there is a little difference I see. When I check all of my DJ6 units before I ship them I look for 1000 to 1000 on all the instruments. Both sticks and both switchs and the gimbal slider on the back. Quite often X1, the Gimbal control, does not reach 1000 on both sides so I re-calibrate and usually that works. I do see that after I do the upgrade to the new firmware that the 2 sticks, U and X2 only swing from 780 to 780. Now both of those switchs are positive action and have 3 postions and it does seem to work just fine. The gimbal, which is X1 still shows 1000 to 1000 as do both of the sticks.

I have upgraded 4 DJ6's to the new firmware and it seems fine. Now, is there any reason to upgrade to the new firmware? Well it does beep now, but other then that none that I can see. If you have not upgraded I recommend you wait until we see, over time, how this new firmware works.

I do want to address the binding process. I gave incorrect instructions in the past and I wish to correct that. There is no need to either press a button while powering on or hold down any sticks. The process is so very simple and I promise this works as I have tested it on 25 DJ6 units and it works without fail. I used 5 different Phantom V1.x models with the Part 31 Receiver that I also sale as a kit with the dj6.

ASSUMING YOU HAVE REMOVED YOUR PROPELLERS!!
Here is the correct method to bind, no matter what version of firmware.
1. Plug in battery with battery out of quad, the light wiill come on solid red on the receiver in the battery compartment.
2. Turn on DJ6. The led in the battery compartment will begin to blink green.
3. Hold down (or up really) press the button next to the led on the receiver until the light blinks red once or twice, 2 or 3 seconds, then let go.
YOU ARE NOW BOUND TO THE QUADCOPTER. CSC THE STICKS AND THE MOTORS WILL START.. NO PROPS, RIGHT?

link to kit.. I also have a tool kit and 8" propellers...http://www.ebay.com/itm/291277333111?ss ... 1555.l2649

Wow! Thanks Wedeliver!
Good work. I really appreciate you looking into this.
I'll be checking out your ebay site also.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20