Newest firmware update on 2nd battery?

Reaction score
I found some other threads and videos on Youtube where they talked about having to install firmware on the micro SD card and having to update each individual battery on the Pro and Advanced, but I don't see much info for the standard. Is this a necessary thing for the standard? Or does it just do it automatically some how?

After installing new firmware on your Phantom, power on your Phantom with each additional battery installed. They will be updated at that time if needed.

You must plugin each battery, individually, into the drone, and power on the battery/drone. Only then will the needed programming be copied to the battery. Same goes if you change the battery programming in the DJI Go app. For instance, the discharge time. IF you change that, you have to update each battery. It doesn't happen if you don't plugin each battery and power it on.

Reactions: Tight Lines
How do I know (apart from looking at the DJI Go app) that my second battery is up to date? I have upgraded and then powered down, put in the second battery and powered up again. The app says I am connected, good to fly, etc. but still says my battery needs updating.
Thanks

Ok want to share my experience with receiving a new battery today 8th feb 2017 and installing new firmware,. Note this is what i did not what i am saying is gospel..

1ST, before putting battery in phantom fully charged battery

2ND insert battery into phantom and turn on

3RD wait ot see if aircraft makes any noises or flashes any lights like it did when updating phantom aircraft firmware, waited 30-45 secs and aircraft was just as is normal when the remote is not turned on

4th turned on remote controller

5Th connected to phantoms WI-fi and opened DJI GO App

6th app told me firmware update for battery, - i pressed confirm and took about 1 minute give or take and job was done

note checked original battery just to make sure and original battery went into phantom switched everything on and app did NOT notify me of an update which confirmed that it just upodated new battery.

Darren

Ok want to share my experience with receiving a new battery today 8th feb 2017 and installing new firmware,. Note this is what i did not what i am saying is gospel..

1ST, before putting battery in phantom fully charged battery

2ND insert battery into phantom and turn on

3RD wait ot see if aircraft makes any noises or flashes any lights like it did when updating phantom aircraft firmware, waited 30-45 secs and aircraft was just as is normal when the remote is not turned on

4th turned on remote controller

5Th connected to phantoms WI-fi and opened DJI GO App

6th app told me firmware update for battery, - i pressed confirm and took about 1 minute give or take and job was done

note checked original battery just to make sure and original battery went into phantom switched everything on and app did NOT notify me of an update which confirmed that it just upodated new battery.

Darren

Cheers Darren, I've got two new batteries coming tomorrow for my advanced so I'll know what to do.
John

Cheers Darren, I've got two new batteries coming tomorrow for my advanced so I'll know what to do.
John

Just to note buddy, mine is a standard, not sure if they differ?

Also for everyone i emailed DJI Europe and they told me that as battery's should be updated easy because the aircraft has the firmware on it :)

My SD card did not have the .bin file on it as it was removed when i formated it in the GO APP

Darren

I just upgraded from 1.7.9 to 1.8.10 and when I inserted my second battery, it did NOT prompt me to update it. Not sure if it did it automatically, or if the 1.8.10 upgrade doesn't contain anything new for the batteries, compared to 1.7.9.

I just upgraded from 1.7.9 to 1.8.10 and when I inserted my second battery, it did NOT prompt me to update it. Not sure if it did it automatically, or if the 1.8.10 upgrade doesn't contain anything new for the batteries, compared to 1.7.9.
If you have a P3S it will prompt you when the planets align. Dont worry about it there is nothing wrong and you can fly with the non updated battery in the meantime.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie