Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Professional Newest Camera Settings

Discussion in 'Phantom 3 Help' started by scholls22, Aug 17, 2015.

1. scholls22

What are the "P" and "M" settings on the camera. I know that they are new and I saw it on a recent thread that I can't find anymore. I just noticed it last night. I searched and couldn't find the original post or comment.

Thanks!

III% Streve likes this.
  2. doctordrone

I saw that too... I'm guessing M-Manual; P-Program? Similar to DSLR's.

3. zryall3

I would guess the same, but I am still having trouble finding a really good video or tutorial on the manual and automatic settings for the P3. I know all the verbage as I have a photo background, but I am still perplexed by the proper way to lock in a low asa or iso like 100 and then force the proper exposure in low light by cranking it out to a 2 or 3 second exposure. Has anyone seen a good operations video or manual specifically around the camera settings?

4. Meta4

Meta4 Moderator
    Staff Member

There are a couple on Youtube. Search for dji pilot there.
    Here's one to start you off. The camera stuff starts around 21 mins

5. zryall3

That one was good, thanks. Helped a bit. Nice to be able to control some of this with the wheel. I was also told somewhere that to close the manual settings screen, you don't want to click the lower-right icon that summoned it, but just swipe the controls off to the left. otherwise, you're going back to manual mode.

6. Elkbowhunter

Thanks so much Meta 4. I got questions also.
    On the ISO settings, what are the P and M options on screen. I know the M is prob manual what is the P? is that AUTO?
    Also looks like my EV is set at +0.3 is that about normal. I never have messed with it that must be default? should I change it? Like I said ISO is set in P whatever that means....thanks!!!

7. RedHotPoker

If M = Manual mode then P = Program mode.
    By juggling between these settings, in various light conditions, one soon realizes the benefits of under exposing.

RedHotPoker

8. jwthorpe