Newby - video download questions

Reaction score
Hi
Got my new Phantom V+ and an amazed. But I really need to figure out how to get videos off the sd. I can synch with my iPhone, which takes forever. But I don't know how to download to my Mac. I have the PhantomRC app and the Phantom App but neither seems to have any access to the camera. Yes, I've read the manual. Just didn't find the answer.

And why can't I save the videos to my photo album on my iPhone? I have to upload to Youtube and then download them. PITA

Now that we are on the subject... how do I format the SD card or delete videos from it. I don't have an SD card reader only Mac.

Thanks!

Jerry

I agree the documentation is lacking. I find using a micro sd card adapter/SD Card is the easiest way to access the video files. My Mac laptop has a SD Card slot that allows me to read the files directly on my Mac. If you don't have a SD Card reader on your Mac, you will need to get a SD Card reader with a USB plug.
For uploading the video to your iPhone, I suggest the Apple Camera Connect kit. It will allow you to Import the photo or video files on the Micro SD Card to your phone. The photo/video file will then show in the Camera Roll on your phone. Once the file is there, it is easy to do various things with the file.

skulltronix said:
Hi
Got my new Phantom V+ and an amazed. But I really need to figure out how to get videos off the sd. I can synch with my iPhone, which takes forever. But I don't know how to download to my Mac. I have the PhantomRC app and the Phantom App but neither seems to have any access to the camera. Yes, I've read the manual. Just didn't find the answer.

And why can't I save the videos to my photo album on my iPhone? I have to upload to Youtube and then download them. PITA

Now that we are on the subject... how do I format the SD card or delete videos from it. I don't have an SD card reader only Mac.

Thanks!

Jerry

Hi Jerry

Just checking whether you are aware that there is a USB connector on the gimbal (separate to the connector on the Phantom's main body) which allows you to connect the Phantom to your laptop? Transferring via the USB cable will usually only take a few minutes for 4GB of data.

It's not necessary to remove the SD card from the gimbal and insert into a reader, although it is easier not having to power the Phantom on!

Cheers

Transferring video over the Wi-Fi connection takes a ridiculously long time. Either use the USB connector on the rear of the gimbal to connect to your computer (you have to power on the Phantom for it to show up), or pop out the Micro-SD, insert it into a SD adapter card (unless your computer has a port capable of directly accepting a Micro-SD), then use that to transfer the video(s) to your computer.

Reactions: Amergin

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.