Newbie's Question

Reaction score
Just getting into flying the Phantom 4 drone, I have a question regarding the camera on the drone. I understand being able to control the camera gimble up and down, but can you turn it left and right? If so where are the controls for that action. Thanks in advance

Thanks, that's what I needed to know.

LoL, Yeah, I guess you would. The reason I ask this question is when you do a gimble calibration, I see the camera move left and right as well as up and down.

LoL, Yeah, I guess you would. The reason I ask this question is when you do a gimble calibration, I see the camera move left and right as well as up and down.

Yes. That is only a few degrees. It does this when the Phantom is turning left and right in order to create a better video. When you round a corner you turn your head to see where you are going. If you kept looking forward you'd get a headache.

Another newbie question: I am using an iPad mini 2 that is NOT affiliated with a cellular provider. Does it have an internal GPS, if not do I need one?

Your iPad Mini will only have an internal GPS receiver if it's the cellular model. The cellular service does not need to be activated. You do not need GPS on your mobile device unless you want to use Follow Me or be able to reset the home point to your current location after taking off.

Ok, mine is not the cellular model, soooo I would like to have the "follow me" available. What type/brand gps would you recommend ?

You can find a list of commonly used external GPS receivers here.

I do a lot of off-shore fishing 30-50 miles out. I would like to have the phantom follow the boat.

Thanks msinger. Appreciate the help.

Another newbie question. I have been watching as many you tube videos as possible in order to learn as much about the phantom 4 as possible. On one of the videos it was showing how to operate the zoom feature and auto focus feature in the video mode software. I'm using the latest version of dji go 4 and cannot find a zoom or focus feature in the software nor can i find the flight log. Am I totally blind or it just not there?

Ok, mine is not the cellular model, soooo I would like to have the "follow me" available. What type/brand gps would you recommend ?

Hey root... do you have a cell phone that you can tether your iPad mini to? There is a live discussion going on whether the bird will follow a tethered wifi only iPad. As soon as the weather cooperates, testing will be done!

I do a lot of off-shore fishing 30-50 miles out. I would like to have the phantom follow the boat.
ohh, I can see lots of 6000M flights outside reach of us laws. don't even need a drone license.
You can see some great what NOT to do boating flights on you tube.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20