Reaction score
Hi folks

I'm totally new to drones and have purchased a P3A along with a spare battery.

I have followed a few guides on set up and finally managed to get the firmware updated so that was a good start.

As yet I haven't flown as the weather is rubbish and I just haven't managed to make enough time to dedicate it to my first flight.

My question is..........is there an idiots guide to getting the most from my drone, particularly the batteries?

I have seen a few posts around how many cycles (no idea what that means) when to charge and when not to charge etc but I was wondering if any of you experienced flyers have a newbie guide?

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I want to try and get the best out of my drone.

Cheers

LiPo batteries, as used in most drones, are best not being charged until you need them. They last longer if stored in a discharged state. The DJI Go app allows you to select the number of days ( 1 to 10) to allow the batteries to discharge.
When charging them, it doesn't matter how full or empty they are. It will just take longer to charge a depleted battery than a partially charged one.

Reactions: sgeiger
Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me what's meant by cycles when talking about batteries?

Is it just how many times it charged and used/drained?

The DJI Go app will show you the state of each battery as it is connected. You can see just how many times it has been charged. Also, by pressing the switch on a powered off battery for 5 seconds, the battery lights will indicate the life expectancy of the battery. Details are given in the manual.

DJI batteries will last longer if you store them like this. They should be stored between 40%-65% charged. You do not want to discharge them below 40% and store them for long periods of time.

Thanks for the reply. Is there a "best practice" for preparing and storing the batteries over a long period of time. I'm thinking there could well be 4 weeks or so between flights for me.

Thanks

Suggest set it and forget it. Let the intelligent software manage it as it was intended to do.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31