Reaction score
Hi, I'm a newbie to drones from UK. At moment i have a syma xc quad copter to get basics of flying. I was thinking of buying a dji phantom 3 standard as prices going down at moment £449. Just wanted to know if it's a good choice for first drone and are they easy to fly?

Don't have a Standard but, yes, they are very easy to fly. I been flying model aircraft since I was 10 and have to say, this quad is sooooo much easier than them.

as a owner of one its real easy just remember don't get to crazy with it right when you get it take short flights learn what it can due and set your rth high enough so you don't hit anything

Hi, thanks for the tips and advice, will take it slow at first flight, just looking at accessories to go with it. Can't believe Theys so much! Can't wait till get one and coming better weather here now . Thanks

just wait next you will want a range extender then it really gets interesting how far you can fly

Reactions: Yeager74
Would a iPod touch 5th generation be OK to connect to rc? Only got a Samsung galaxy s3 phone on android 4.3? Plus where's the best place to get case for phantom? Thanks...

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

look on amazon for case lots of them

OK thanks, might look for gimbal guard as well. Thanks for the help.

Hi, I'm in uk, got a P3standard a month ago.. They're amazing.. The case I got was £120 mc cases on Amazon, can't fault it.

75b94cca1eccfdfd7eb46591d47896ee.jpg

That's a really cool case! And thanks for advice about batteries. Don't no if to get some accerioes first ( case, gimbal lock and guard, spare battery) or the drone? Waiting till 1st March cos heard phantom 4 comeing out??? So prices on other models may be slashed? ???? Thanks!!

Not sure about prices, I got an email from DJI today saying the anniversary price drop had been extended. I lasted a week before ordering two spare batteries and a charging dock to charge all three..

Regarding the case, there was so many to choose from. If you get a hard case ensure its for the standard as the controller is different to the adv/pro controller... What swung it for me with this case was the red foam.. :D

Where are you in uk? I'm Wolverhampton.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Oh, there's a thread somewhere stating which phones/ tablets work with the DJI go app.. I use iPad Air 2, my iphone4s doesn't work, it has to have the equivalent or above processor of the iPhone 5s.

Ok thanks for information on case and about thread on tablets/phones good to know. I'm from hull if you know we're that is? Lol. Have learn a lot from site all ready. Happy and safe flying.

Yes the Humber bridge! Beverley is nice area as is York!
Thanks again for information
Safe flying.

Just noticed the Phantom 3 Advanced is being advertised by a market place seller on Amazon for £490.

This is a super price and cheaper than the £525 I paid from a Hong Kong based company.

Worth a look.

c4e083ff249d7585f570f3eef121869c.jpg

Thanks for the information on the phantom advanced, will have a look!

This might sound stupid, don't forget I I'm new to this and all your help on this site is much appreciated. What the difference between standard and advanced? Thanks

Lightbridge nicer controller will fly farther

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic