Newbie with questions :)

Reaction score
Hello all!

I purchased my Phantom just after Christmas but had to wait until yesterday for my first flight due to extreme temps (daytime of -21*F) and winds. So I have been gathering many questions and have been unable to locate answers.

First, I noted that my Phantom box says version 1.1.1. I have been unable to find a listing of the different version changes to the Phantom. I know that somewhere along the line it went from a one wire antenna to a 2-wire (I have the 2-wire) and the propeller nuts are different, etc. What are the differences between the Phantom build versions.

2. I live in the land wind does not like to leave alone. What are wind speed recommendations for flight? I live in a farming community and having the Phantom blown away into a field to be crushed by a tractor come spring (or fall harvest) is not an option I look forward to. I have seen some claiming up to 20 MPH was flyable.

When I made my purchase, I got a pile of extras I purchased along with it. The hard storage case, prop guards, balanced props (still not here from China yet), anti gel camera mount (also not here yet), six spare batteries.

I would love to add the FPV, like the FatShark, but I wear glasses. Can anyone say how these perform if you are near sighted and have to use the goggles for FPV? I know it would be a better option as the sunlight cannot interfere, but...)

Thanks for looking and any responses that may post! See you in the skies?

I'm quite new too, so I can't answer your Phantom version questions with any confidence, but I can give my input on being a near sighted Fatshark user.

My correction is -3 in one eye and -3.25 in the other. I thought that as I am wearing goggles that it wouldn't matter but it really does. I've read that the video is projected as if it's 4 meters away. So if you have troubles reading something 4 meters away you'll probably have trouble with the goggles.

You can get lenses that easily insert into the googles (made for them) and they aren't expensive. Come as -2, -4 and -6. I haven't got these as I'm not sure if the correction will work for me, so I just use contact lenses. I'd love to hear anyone elses input on how the lenses work with a similar correction as I have.

Hey stitch,
You sound like you live in a very similar place to where I live! The Phantom does pretty well in the wind, if you have an open area to fly in. I was out in the country with fairly strong winds, probably close to 25+mph, and it adjusted to them quite well when I let the sticks go to hover. It will drift sometimes though, so it's obviously good to not get too close to things that a gust could blow it into.

Happy flying!

You have the latest Phantom revision. Their version when something like: v1, v1.2, v1.2, v1.1.1.

Thank you all so much for the responses. I did fly a little yesterday. The winds kept trying to set it into the cement silos so I eventually stopped. I tried again yesterday afternoon when the winds abated some with much better results. Now to get the GoPro3.......

I notice if you do a drastic move it can bend the horizon line up or down (depending on the direction). I have been experimenting with still shots last flight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj