Newbie With DJI 1

Reaction score
Ive been wanting a DJI for awhile now and i finally got one... Reading the online instructions and manuals... OMG this is going to be a nightmare to get going. So much of this and that stuff to learn about it... This is my first drone quadcopter and im scared to death to fly it... Anyone from St. Louis area or surroundings?? I need help any pointers to first timers, dont want to dismantle it the first flight out....

Thank you
James Ruma

Welcome to the forum, James!

I'll try to help, but first what DJI product did you buy? I assume it must be a Phantom or you wouldn't be here!

So, until you can give me more data, it will be hard to help you. But, I can tell you this much: Go to DJI's site and download the real manual. Unfortunately, it is a hard read. Tiny text, tiny diagrams, terrible layout, etc. You will need to read it numerous times before you attempt to fly. If you have a Phantom 2 vision model, then there is a re-vamped manual that is an easier read.

I can give you another suggestion: Go to EBay and search for decals for your model. What you need to look for are decals for your transmitter. One vendor sells curved stickers that go into your stick wells. There are stickers for all toggle switches, too. When I received mine, he gave me a duplicate set.

These are made from the vinyl used to make stick on car signs. It is very durable, with an adhesive backing.

Tell me what you have so I and others can help you. Unfortunately, I'm a bit too far away, but you can learn a LOT from this forum.

Alan

A bit north of St. Louis here but have been wanting to make my way down there and film Cahokia Mounds, send me a pm

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1