Newbie with a Phantom2 : setup...

Reaction score
I bought a Phantom 2 earlier this week and have managed to get out 3 times this week with it and all is well.. To an extent..

I was told when I bought it to fly with S1/S2 uppermost so I have not deviated from that position. Been flying it in GPS mode and it has been great.

I downloaded the Phantom 2 software but it does not connect to the Phantom with the micro USB inserted, I cannot connect to the handset either when plugging that in. Really keen to make sure the safety features are activated and everything is setup correctly. Any help would be really appreciated!

I bought a Phantom 2 earlier this week and have managed to get out 3 times this week with it and all is well.. To an extent..

I was told when I bought it to fly with S1/S2 uppermost so I have not deviated from that position. Been flying it in GPS mode and it has been great.

I downloaded the Phantom 2 software but it does not connect to the Phantom with the micro USB inserted, I cannot connect to the handset either when plugging that in. Really keen to make sure the safety features are activated and everything is setup correctly. Any help would be really appreciated!

Have you installed the DJI USB drivers, without them the PC won't know it's connected, also Windows 10 has some issues with the software

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have Windows 7. I'm not sure of the exact model I know its a Phantom2 so I assume its the basic model? The handset is the basic one with the single LED. Yes installed the drivers, can you recommend a good source for the downloads so I can make sure I have the right ones please.

Good question! Since DJI doesn't support the P2's any longer, there must be an archive site that has the drivers, etc. for these precious models. Anybody?

Got it working guys : ) Well pleased now have it all configured looking forward to getting out again when the weather improves.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues