Newbie water ski video

Reaction score
Just got my Phantom 2 Vison plus 4 weeks ago with the hopes of getting some decent water ski video on my family vacation this past week. I've never flown anything RC and I'm amazed at how easy the phantom is to fly. My biggest issue was trying to fly and capture decent video of skiers going 30 mph. I tried not to think about the water underneath my new phantom.

Here my first attempt at video of my daughter, son and wife.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utQVATPVb9U

Well, you have seen the limitations of the V+ now. It can'[t go fast without getting the props in the shots. You could also try forcing the exposure down a little in that bright sunlight. Trying to film something moving at 30mph is pushing the Phantom's top speed even with a tail wind.

kgarrison said:
Well, you have seen the limitations of the V+ now. It can'[t go fast without getting the props in the shots. You could also try forcing the exposure down a little in that bright sunlight. Trying to film something moving at 30mph is pushing the Phantom's top speed even with a tail wind.

The props don't bother me too much. I played a bit more with imovie and can crop the props out of the video rather easily.

kgarrison said:

Can't you just fly backwards? I mean, if you think about it, the platform really doesn't have a forward or backward....just a field of view.

I've not done any full-throttle filming, but the + seems just as fast in any direction, no?

Oops...disregard. I see the OP was flying sideways and still got props.

Looks great. You have the same issues as me though with the jerky side pans when moving forward. I keep meaning to take this up with DJI. I can't do 2 things at once. Descend and pan right or left. Climb and pan and so on. It's like it's one control, or the other. Can't use both sticks at the same time with major input from either. (not sure I explained that right...)

Wow, incredible.

Were you in the boat??? Or on shore???

Did you have anything connected to the phantom in the event of an unforeseen water "landing"???

John

PS - who cares about the props, this isn't a TV commercial - the video was awesome!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.