Newbie wanting 1st Drone...

Reaction score
Looking for my first drone. Wanting to get into the family! Let me know if you have one for sale at a reasonable price or have any suggestions for one to get for a newbie... I am located in Roanoke VA. Looking forward to taking some mountain videos! thanks guys!

If you're on a budget, Phantom 3 Standard. If you can afford it, the Advanced or Professional version. They're all easy to fly and have beginner modes and simulators so really any model is good to start on.

I'm assuming you're after something DJI made owing to the fact that we are on PhantomPilots.com lol

If you're on a budget, Phantom 3 Standard. If you can afford it, the Advanced or Professional version. They're all easy to fly and have beginner modes and simulators so really any model is good to start on.

I'm assuming you're after something DJI made owing to the fact that we are on PhantomPilots.com lol

Haha yeah... dji seems to be the best brand out there... thanks... I would like to go with a A or P but not at a 700 price pointment with the S around 400... is the difference really worth it

Haha yeah... dji seems to be the best brand out there... thanks... I would like to go with a A or P but not at a 700 price pointment with the S around 400... is the difference really worth it
You'll still have fun and get some great shots with the S but obviously signal range is a lot less on that. For that reason, I would swear clear of it. However, first drones often don't last as long as your second :D

Keep an eye on our classified section.
Classifieds

The P3 pro and Advanced use Lightbridge for control and video signal rather than the old tech wifi used in the Standard.
Lightbridge is very much better and a huge improvement

Reactions: thefrisbee995
Keep an eye on our classified section.
Classifieds

The P3 pro and Advanced use Lightbridge for control and video signal rather than the old tech wifi used in the Standard.
Lightbridge is very much better and a huge improvement

Nice I did not know that! Good call!

Reactions: Lil Rascal
I saw that and i might do that is if can't find a good P or A for 400 / 450ish.... extra 100 or so might be worth for a Phantom 4 even though it is refurbed
According to DJI all refurbs have been owned by the previous customer for a week or less, so at least they haven't been used for months.

Apply for a BestBuy credit card. 12 months interest free. Just make certain you pay if off before the 12 months is up.

Apply for a BestBuy credit card. 12 months interest free. Just make certain you pay if off before the 12 months is up.

Thanks buy we don't do CCs... don't have cash don't buy it... I have cash just looking for a deal and surprisingly you find them when you carry Greenbacks

Reactions: Lil Rascal
The trick to CC is to pay the balance off each month. I'll looking for a P4P for $1300. I'll pay for it any way the person wants me to. I do understand what your saying, and I don't blame(agree) you.

Reactions: Beloved1228
My best advice is to either buy the cheapest one that checks off most of the boxes on your wishlist, or buy the most bird that you can afford in your price range. Everything in between is a compromise.

i have a Phantom 3 Standard without the gimbal / camera / battery that would make a perfect trainer for $250 plus get the battery for about $70.
you can learn on it.
just an idea

i have a Phantom 3 Standard without the gimbal / camera / battery that would make a perfect trainer for $250 plus get the battery for about $70.
you can learn on it.
just an idea

Thanks I was hoping to get a camera but ill keep this in mind!

you can learn on it.
just an idea
I think there is a way but I didn't think the standard can fly without the gimbal
At least it wouldn't send the data or telemetry to the phone or tablet

Yes I did! Should be here Friday! Excited to start learning it and should be out flying it with in a week or so!

Yes I did! Should be here Friday! Excited to start learning it and should be out flying it with in a week or so!

I can't wait for you to get it! Read as much as you can and ask questions:) Make sure to set your return to home altitude high and always fly on a fully charged battery :)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4