Newbie .. Video Editing help

Reaction score
PV2+ using a Macbook Air for video editing. First video today ... 15 minutes long. Downloads to computer as an MP4 file. I guess I'm not too bright, but iMovie has never been easy for me. Plus ... when I tried to open my 15 minute video in iMovie the dialogue box says it will take 2+ hours. Is this normal? I had a much easier time with GoPro Studio, but when I upgraded Mac to Yosemite that app no longer was available, and I can't find it in app store???? Any suggestions? I'm not trying to create award winning videos here (yet). I just want to edit video into a manageable file I can send to friends or post on YouTub
Any suggestions? Thanks so much.
Neal

Neal, that's odd it's taking that long to load the video into iMovie or on your Mac...shouldn't take that long in theory. My videos typically import into iPhoto, if you want a quick way to trim the video down you can drag a copy onto your desktop and use Quicktime Trim tool. That way you can make the broad strokes of editing before throwing into iMovie. It's interesting, if you own an iPhone the iMovie for iOS is pretty elegant and easy to use and has less options than the Mac OS X version. Anyway, Quicktime should help in the short-term for trimming the video down. .MP4 should have no issue in iMovie though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj