Newbie using Litchi: YES or NO?

Reaction score
I've only been flying my P4P for a couple of months now and I'm just getting familiar with all the GoFly app. Now that I feel comfortable with all that I can do with the GoFly features, now I discover what most of you already know about the Litchi app.
My question specifically is, as a NEW P4P pilot, would you recommend Litchi? Or is it for more experienced pilots? I watched some of the YouTube tutorial features and found Litchi to be like GoFly "on steroids", and wonder if switching to Litchi would benefit me more, or confuse me more.
Thank you for your advice.
Untitled-1.jpg

Without litchi I wouldn't be able to do this flight as I would lose signal. And its so easy to do to make a programmed flight

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Def recommend litchi [emoji4][emoji4]

I own Litchi, used it with my P3P. Now I have the P4P Plus, so it is not an option for my controller. But I do not miss it.
Keep in mind also, there is some debate about warranty coverage if your aircraft fails under non-DJI software. Not to say it won't be covered, but it might be harder to convince DJI to cover it.

Reactions: macoman
I own Litchi, used it with my P3P. Now I have the P4P Plus, so it is not an option for my controller. But I do not miss it.
Keep in mind also, there is some debate about warranty coverage if your aircraft fails under non-DJI software. Not to say it won't be covered, but it might be harder to convince DJI to cover it.
This is why I don't own third party app... Plus the legality involved when you do a mission that is beyond the point of see the aircraft. You can be legally in problems if the aircraft crashed to someone's property.

My question specifically is, as a NEW P4P pilot, would you recommend Litchi?
Just like learning DJI GO, anyone could learn how to use Litchi. However, I don't recommend it for new pilots since DJI GO is needed to register the Phantom, setup settings not offered by 3rd party apps, and install firmware updates. Since DJI GO is a must-have app, it would be a good idea for new pilots to learn that app first.

Thank you for the suggestion.
I'll keep using the DJI Go app then, since I'm more familiar with it until I'm a little more experience.

As a new pilot, you should stick with the GO app. Once you get comfortable with it then use Litchi.

Reactions: mikeeby

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers