Newbie to dji

Reaction score
Sorry if i posted this in the wrong forum. Mods you can delete or move.

Anyway ive been in the market for a little bit now for a phantom.

Im not sure where to start or which one to start with.

Currently i have another brand quad. A blade 350 qx2. Btw its all forsale if someone would like to trade?

Anyway when i sell that i want to get into the phantoms.

I already have a walkera g-3d gimbal i plan on mounting to it.

I was wonderin if i should get the phantom 2 or just stick with the one and change motors to the self tightening.
Thanks for the help of getting me out of my blade!

Welcome to the forum !
I would get a P2 (v)2.0 .
If you go with a P1 get a 1.1.1 has self tightening props/motors . The problem with a P1 is flight time loaded you will get around 5-6min.

750r said:
Welcome to the forum !
I would get a P2 (v)2.0 .
If you go with a P1 get a 1.1.1 has self tightening props/motors . The problem with a P1 is flight time loaded you will get around 5-6min.

I have a Phantom V1.2 that also came with self tightening propellers. I upgraded the Receiver to a 2 antenna receiver.
also
It does cost a bit more for the P2. Heck the battery is $100.00 more. Although the flight time with a Phantom might be 2/3 of the flight time of P2, With the same amount of money that 1 P2 battery costs you can get 5 Phantom batteries. So, that might make a little difference.

Also, the people I know can only fly for a minute or two when loaded, then they crash and run for the munchies. :)

I came from a 350qx before my phantom 2 V2. I can tell you there is no comparison. In every way the DJI performs better than the 350QX, especially GPS performance and battery life! And if you like FPV, the phantom can do a very clean install with viturally nothing from outside the quad except the video transmitter.

Thats what im looking for!

So is there any frame differences between the p2 and all the vision and vision plus or is it just a camera and wifi stuff?

P2 is an upgrade to P1 ( more power, more flight time), P2 Vision plus is a turn key solution ( FPV, Gimbal, camera all integrated). So, what are your needs, do you want a ready to do video/pictures aerial machine, or do you like to assemble yours and buy by pieces and tune up etc... BTW, I just bought a P2V+..it is great...and I am selling my P1 V1.1.1. PM if you are interested in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair