Newbie technical quiestions

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am new in Phantom and I got Vision 2+. I want to extend my range so I have to ask some questions to ensure.
1. What a antenna wire are in legs? Vision or controll?
2. My range extender has one 9dBi antenna (I bought with this modification), do I need second antenna? Because this extender has two inside.
3. What's difference between antenna arrangement? I mean
xIZvLu4.png

4. Where is controll antenna inside drone?

Thanks.

Hello,
I can answer most of your questions,
If I understand you correctly! :)

1) the 2 antennas in the legs of your craft are you RECEIVER antennas ( control antennas )
These antennas receive transmission from your Tx ( these have nothing to do with vision or FPV )

2) range extender does have 2 ports, choice here is yours, some run single antenna mod, while keeping 1 stock, as others mod BOTH antennas, you'll have to play around with different antennas, and orientation, to achieve the best range. FPVLR offers a wide array of antenna mods, a bit pricey, but they do work!

3) the antenna arrangement, basically, you want your antenna to be parallel to craft ( in other words long side facing craft ) NEVER pointing straight at craft ( you antenna receives the band waves from the sides NOT the tip, ie: if your flying high, you'll want to bend your antenna to the side for better reception.

4) control antennas are on legs and external, wifi antennas are inside your bird, just under main circuit board, one on each side!

Hope this helps!
Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Thanks for answer!
Lets assume that I want to replace controller antenna. Does it matter which one I choose? 2.4GHz or 5GHz which controller has?

Reactions: J Dot
All your control functions are 5.8Ghz
All your video feed is 2.4Ghz
Make sure you use right frequency, or it won't work at all. Look into ( ITELITE ) antennas as well, it is one unit that does both frequencies at the same time ( 1 unit extends control and FPV , instead of a bunch of separate antennas. It mounts on your Tx, no mod NEEDED to bird ( but you can mod bird as well, upto you, depending on how far you want to go, remember the further you want to go, the more $ it's going to cost you!
Hate that is is that way, but you get what you pay for! Some guys/gals flying up to 5 miles away ( I'm not that brave, mine is lightly modded ( antenna wise ) as I never fly so far where I can no longer see my craft, but that is just me, I just needed a little bit better for FPV, as I've never lost Tx signal yet, so I use a 9dbi extender antenna, and it's been fine ever since. I would lose FPV occasionally, but after antenna mod, it is really rare now! But it still happens!

J Dot

Reactions: Bryan Joyce
The Wifi FPV antennas are mounted East and West on the P2V+. Fly them side ways and you will get further distance or do what I did and mount them externally North and South. I get 800m with 640x480@15fps and about 500m with 640x480@30fps. Its a 30% improvement.

DBS $10 mod 3.png

DBS antenna relocation.jpg

Just one other thing ... Be sure to never turn on your extender without your antenna connected!

image.jpg I second the motion on thenItelite antenna. Here you can see both. The one on the right at the bottom is thenItelite and a sunshade.

Yes, it is 5.8 Ghz 8dbi Omni directional whip antenna.
The antenna on the wifi extender is a 2.8 Ghz. both work really good but I tested the DBS itelite and it has better range and performance. $99 with all the connectors and cable needed to do the mod.

I know that itelite would be the best solution but here its impossible to get this :) Could you provide me link to this 5.8GHz omni directional antenna?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4