Newbie: Second Flight. Some minor issues and questions

Reaction score
Hi All!

Went for my second flight today. My first flight had some calibration and drifting issues. I followed some advice on here and did this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCT1rRE_UIg

That seemed to fix the issues. The craft hovered great today! I took the phantom to a football field and calibrated the compass. I took off from "point A" and flew for several minutes with no issues at all. I practiced landing it, and as usual, it tipped. It was a very gentle landing in the grass, only that it tipped to one side and I shut off the motors. I looked at it and all was well so I took off again from take off point B. All seemed OK for 30 seconds or so. I had it hovering close to me(near where I landed and took off again), about 20 feet high and 10 feet in front of me. I talked to my son for a few seconds, then went to go forward. No response. Tried going Up, nothing. I tried every direction, no response!

I tried in total for about 10 seconds but it would not respond. It seemed like it was gaining altitude slowly (there was a bit of wind) so I panicked. I turned off the controller. I saw the lights were yellow. it gained altitude (as expected) then started moving away from me. Now that I think about it, it may have been heading towards "take off point A"? Not sure why. I panicked again, so I turned the controller back on and had control immediately. I managed to land....well tip it gently again.

Just trying to understand what might have went wrong so I learn for next time

First of all, why in the ... did you watch THAT video?
It's only for people who screwed up their compass so badly they need extreme measure to fix it.

Second I think you might be interested with this:

THE Ultimate Guide for all Phantom Vision and Vision+
See :http://www.phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=23597

Hi.

I followed that video on a recommendation on another thread I created as my compass would not calibrate. That video fixed the issue.

Thank you -- that is a great read! I am still not sure what happened in yesterday's flight though...was hoping someone could provide some insight.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj