Newbie requests help troubleshooting

Reaction score
Hello. I purchased a USED Phantom 3 standard on ebay. This is my first DJI product, although I have owned other drones. When I power it on, after the initial power-up tone, it beeps. 2, 2, 4 and then back to 2 continuously. Rear lights flash red-green-yellow. gimbal adjust knob does change the camera up / down. LIght on gimbal is solid green.

Please tell me where I should I start troubleshooting? Hopefully I'm just missing something simple

Thank you.

Welcome!!

The very best thing you can do is download the manual and read it cover to cover... to say that "we don't know what we don't know" until we do that is an understatement!

A lot of troubleshooting is relatively simple but a good overall understanding of the basics is the best start. From what I read here you don't have a problem, unless the rear lights don't stop cycling through the red green yellow, but even then those patterns are outlined in the manual.

Good luck and let us know!

Thank you! I am going through the manual. The manual says Red-Green-Yellow is a power-on self diagnostic test. Is this supposed to continue forever? Mine keeps doing the two beeps and red-green yellow flashing as long as I have it on. I've let it go for several minutes. Also noticed that the drone not connecting to DJI go app. (I am connected to the correct WiFi).

Thanks for the search links. I've since learned that it is the gimbal that is beeping and not the drone itself (soft beep vs loud)

Last edited:
Re-link it to controller. It may also be asking for it's daily update. (laughs)

Re-link it to controller. It may also be asking for it's daily update. (laughs)
Thank you. I appreciate the time you're taking to assist this newbie. I was able to re-link the controller but unfortunately, that did not change anything. I still have the constant beeping from the gimbal, the red-yellow-green flashing and I'm still not able to connect camera in the DJI go app.

Here is a link to a 45 second video that shows the startup behavior.

Notice in this video the same thing as you are experiencing (Beeps, lights).....

I have read a couple of things on the standard. One was removing the sd card to connect, the other is uninstall dji go delete the DATA and CACHE, reboot device, re-install dji go. Try those things.

Reactions: Nukeboyt
Don't lose hope, just keep trying and googling this issue.

I have read a couple of things on the standard. One was removing the sd card to connect, the other is uninstall dji go delete the DATA and CACHE, reboot device, re-install dji go. Try those things.
This was the problem. I had uninstalled and re-installed the app twice, but did not think to clear cache and reboot. I am presently doing the IMU calibration and will then attempt the firmware update. THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your assistance.

Bravo! Tech is great, but working through the glitches/headaches wins the war.

Reactions: Nukeboyt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik