newbie questions - gimbal and video assist

Reaction score
I am new owner of a phantom, and so far really love it. I have a couple of questions about getting it set up for video. 1) What is a good gimbal? Or more to the point, what is a good gimbal that does not cost a fortune? I have seen them on ebay for less than a hundred bucks - are these worth a try? 2) Same for FPV - I own a gopro hero2, and was hoping to get a cheap transmitter/reciever worked into the scheme. I have also seen these at the hobby places for less than a hundred bucks. Anyone have any reccomendations on what units to try, or steer clear of? Any input appreciated.

I am also some what new to this. I'll tell you what I have learned so far. As for gimbals. I bought one for just over 100.00 and it worked great but did not come with instructions and there was not much info on the internet on this one. When I tried to hook up the manual tilt control I think I got the wires wrong and burnt up the control board :( so I would say make sure you know how to wire it or make sure there is good info out there on it. As for FPV. I bought the Fatshark teleporter V3 for 200.00 and am very happy with it. I can hook it to my GoPro 2 Or GoPro 3 (with the right cables) and see everything. For 200.00 it came with goggles with receiver built in, transmitter, a camera, battery and case. The resolution is only QVGA but that good enough for me. This is just one beginner to another.

Thanks wm. I might go ahead and buy wone of the low priced gimbals, and enlist the help of a more tech savvy friend to get it integrated.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4