Newbie Question - Which Software Version to update and how?

Reaction score
I use iPhone. Purchase a new Old stock P3S. DJI Go app says I have app version 2.9.2 and V 1.2.40. Should I upgrade and what Version should I upgrade to? Also, How do I upgrade? I know, lots of rookie questions, but thanks for info!!

For the Phantom 3 Standard, most of the work is done by the DJI GO app. If your mobile device is connected to the Internet when you start DJI GO, it should see the new update and prompt you to install it (if an update is available). DJI GO will always install the latest firmware version. After installing new firmware, it's a good idea to follow steps #46 and #47 here.

It can be a bit disconcerting the first time, you will notice the iphone switches to your home broadband to download the software update and then reconnects to the Phantom. The drone will make lots of strange beeps and whistles and the camera will dance around as well, so make sure the gimbal protector is off and the drone on a flat surface.

Don't upgrade the firmware. I have that version (1.2.4) and everything works great!! I get great range (1.5 miles). You will have all sorts of problems if you upgrade your firmware.

Don't upgrade the firmware. I have that version (1.2.4) and everything works great!! I get great range (1.5 miles). You will have all sorts of problems if you upgrade your firmware.
Not 100% true, some have issues and some have none. Also keep in mind that with old outdated FW there will be new features and safety concerns that would be address with the newer FW's you'll be missing out on.

Not 100% true, some have issues and some have none. Also keep in mind that with old outdated FW there will be new features and safety concerns that would be address with the newer FW's you'll be missing out on.
I wouldn't want to take the chance. If it works great, why mess with it.

I wouldn't want to take the chance. If it works great, why mess with it.
Can't argue with that either, kind of like flipping a coin. Heads you win, tails you lose range. Shouldn't be like that, it should be a win, win. But it does seem that the people in CE mode have the worst of it.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4