newbie question re: photo's.

Reaction score
i have agonized over getting a vision+ or using my hero 3 silver and getting the 3d gimbal with a p-2.
so..because i know i will likely crash it when i am learning i decided to get the p-2 with the gimbal so i can set it up without the gimbal and camera until such time as i get good enough to fly it with my camera without fear of crashing. my area has tons of trees and i plan on taking pics over water a lot.
that being said, one of my complaints about thus set up is the only way to take pictures is to set the go pro to take pictures like every 5 seconds…and then have hundreds of pics to try and find the one you want.
so i am wondering if the ground station can be set to stop at waypoints and turn to a certain heading can it also be programmed or controlled somehow to take a picture?
from what i have seen to date the answer is no..but i am hoping i am wrong.

Tilt only

You are wise to remove the Gimbal and GoPro until you feel comfortable flying. I'd like to emphasize that you MUST remove or disconnect the gimbal, you CANNOT remove just the camera. If you remove the GoPro only and leave the gimbal connected, it can be damaged. The gimbal will try to stabilize without a camera and chatter like it is coming apart. You may already know that, but thought I would mention it.

My GS is arriving tomorrow, while I am waiting, I have downloaded and installed PC GS software which is available on the DJI site. It is good practice even without the GS hardware. There is a lot to learn setting up missions. YouTube is another great source for GS tutorials.

Good luck,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj