Newbie Question P4

Reaction score
Just ordered my 1st P4 today. I was reading the manual and it states that to turn the motors off one way is to pull the throttle down for 3 seconds. Does this mean if I do this while flying the motors will turn off and my p4 will fall out of the sky? Or does this feature only work when it senses that the AC is on the ground.?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have not tried it myself, but i think there have been threads in this forum that state that you can manually turn off motors while in the air. So unless you want to throw $$$$ away, i wouldnt even try it.

The P4 can only be shut down mid flight by pulling sticks down and in while pressing the RTH button.
Once the aircraft has landed, you will be able to initiate the throttle down for 3 seconds to stop the motors. This function will not work if the aircraft is in flight over 3 meters.
See the full firmware release notes on the DJI website.

Last edited:
Just ordered my 1st P4 today. I was reading the manual and it states that to turn the motors off one way is to pull the throttle down for 3 seconds. Does this mean if I do this while flying the motors will turn off and my p4 will fall out of the sky? Or does this feature only work when it senses that the AC is on the ground.?

That will happen only if the stick is held down for 3 seconds and aircraft is unable to lower down further.

You can catch it in air and hold the throttle down for 3 secs, motors will stop. In general, logic checks that it has landed before stopping the motors. It assumes that it has landed when it can't go further down.

Reactions: liketogethigh

The only way to stop P4 motors in mid-flight is by pulling the left stick back and to the inside while holding down the RTH button. Both sticks back and in, only works on the ground.

Great. Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20