Newbie question on "Servo" channels

Reaction score
I'm a very VERY new user of RC systems, and I searched in the BRAND NEW (version 1.2) user's manual and found nothing, so here is my question: I have seen mention of the channel 7 mod, and so I have to assume that there are 6 active channels already being used in the Phantom's control protocol. What are the frequencies of these 6 channels?

Thanks,

The channels aren't different frequencies, they are digital control "channels" that link a physical control on the transmitter to a specific servo.
In modern RC, the transmitter is a spread spectrum type that doesn't use a single discrete frequency, but hops across all channels in the frequency range.
The control signal is digital now instead of analog tone based like it was in the past.

So in theory, you could transmit as many control "channels" as you wanted if the digital programming is there to link those control "channels" to a specific servo.
Usually the receiver has a limited number of output channels, each one tied to a specific servo connector.

The Phantom 2 transmitter has 6 controls with a 7th control "pot" unused on the back of the controller.
That 7th pot is linked to the camera gimbal pitch control.

What are the other 6; forward, right, backward, left, up, down? Where is rotate left and rotate right?

WyattEarp said:
What are the other 6; forward, right, backward, left, up, down? Where is rotate left and rotate right?

Throttle (up and down is one channel)
Yaw (both directions)
Pitch (Forward/Backward)
Roll (Left/Right)
Switch1
Switch2

You can see them (all 7) in the RC Assistant program.
Phantom_RC_Assistant_Software_Description.jpg

Think about channels required to control airplane functions, with Phantom controls in ():

1 - Throttle (up/down)
2 - Ailerons (roll left/right)
3 - Elevator (forward/back)
4 - Rudder (yaw left/right)
5 - Gear (S1 switch positions)
6 - Flaps (S2 switch positions)
7 - Elevator 2, Thrust-vectoring, etc.. (camera tilt)

* Note how some of these functions share a single channel

DB,
Did you now what 1080p means?

1080posts :lol: :lol: :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    223.7 KB · Views: 381
Re: Newbie question on "Servo" channels

So can someone point me to the thread that shows how to upgrade the transmitter to handle the 7th channel on the Vision+ - how do you add the lever to the rear of TX?

Thanks

The official DJI part is available here, with installation instructions.
http://www.helipal.com/phantom-24-phant ... lever.html

The 7th channel works on the p2V+ only until you connect with the DJI Vision app, at which point it stops working.
Some enterprising hackers are supposed to be adding an option in their app to re-enable it after the Vision app is running.

you'll need to calibrate the lever in the RC assistant for it to work smoothly

Re: Newbie question on

WyattEarp said:
So can someone point me to the thread that shows how to upgrade the transmitter to handle the 7th channel on the Vision+ - how do you add the lever to the rear of TX?

The link to purchase the lever has already been posted, but it is kind of a waste unless someone figures a way to prevent the Vision+ app from disabling the lever. The lever does work, but as soon as you run the app it becomes inoperative.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik