Newbie question about red light

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've had my phantom for about a week now and have flown it a handful of times (and it's awesome!!). While flying today i saw it blink a red light either once or twice quickly, and at the time i thought it was the low voltage alarm (i'd been flying for 8 or 9 minutes). From what i've seen online it looks like the low voltage alarm is a constant fast blinking red light? This was only one or two red blinks and then it went back to flashing green. Does anyone know what that could have meant? I don't see anything about it in the manual. Thanks!

Front or rear lights? If I read this correctly it was the rear lights..If so, I THINK it was a 'low battery' warning as opposed to a 'critical battery warning' That would have given you a series of red flashes. All speculation...anyone else?

The rear light? I'm not sure what the front light is other than the red/green lights that are on the "arms" ..?

Hey BKCherry, I had a similar thing happen yesterday and today. I'm about a week into Phantom 1.1.1 ownership and have timed my sustained flights at 12 and 1/2 minutes with the stock battery. Well yesterday, with the stock battery, I had been flying for eight minutes and started getting four red flashes on the status LED then back to single green, then back to four reds. The reds were about fifteen seconds apart. I landed and connected to Naza Assistant and it showed the current voltage at 11.7v. That's not even the first level of protection, plus I've been getting the first warning at 12.5 minutes, not 8. Today I flew with a new, fully charged Turnigy Multistar 4000 and the exact same thing happened at eight minutes into the flight. Any ideas what's up, anyone?

If you give the drone a lot of throttle, it will flash red for a few moments as it draws heavily from the battery. No need to worry about it. If it remains red however, land ASAP.

Not sure as I'm a newbie too....but is it not possibly the GPS Satelite Status indicator flasing red to say that it's lost 1 or 2 of the satelites it was connected to, and then the green lights again to show the connection has been re-established.

Could have been low sat warning, here is the light warnings for Naza

Naza-m-led.png

RebelyellNC, at around the 8 minute mark when you get the red lights, are you giving the quad throttle, or just hovering?

About 7-9 minutes into my flights I will get flashing red lights for a few seconds if I give the bird a lot of throttle as the increased need for juice will cause a momentary voltage lag. I will get rapid red flashes that cease as soon as I let off the throttle.
A flashing red light from satellite loss is a slower repeat than the rapid low voltage alert, if I remember correctly.

You can test this theory by giving throttle and letting off the throttle to see if it affects your red light warning.

Hey GoodnNuff, yes that's exactly what happened. I flew again today and about eight minutes in, I noticed full throttle would bring on the red LED, then as soon as I hovered, it went immediately back to green. Looks like I was looking too hard for trouble and worried about nothing. I got the longest flight yet today with the stock battery, thirteen minutes and forty-five seconds before autoland. Then I switched to my new (I bought three of them) Turnigy Multistar 4000 3s and I got about fourteen and a half before second level low voltage warning began. Still had a little flight time left, but kept it close. Very disappointed in the Multistar 4000 after all the good reviews. This was with the Phantom 1.1.1 with prop guards and no camera ...yet. Thanks and fly safe.

rebelyellNC said:
Hey GoodnNuff, yes that's exactly what happened. I flew again today and about eight minutes in, I noticed full throttle would bring on the red LED, then as soon as I hovered, it went immediately back to green. Looks like I was looking too hard for trouble and worried about nothing. I got the longest flight yet today with the stock battery, thirteen minutes and forty-five seconds before autoland. Then I switched to my new (I bought three of them) Turnigy Multistar 4000 3s and I got about fourteen and a half before second level low voltage warning began. Still had a little flight time left, but kept it close. Very disappointed in the Multistar 4000 after all the good reviews. This was with the Phantom 1.1.1 with prop guards and no camera ...yet. Thanks and fly safe.

Great news! Glad that is all it was. Go Fly!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik