Newbie - P3S - Loosing Video around 60m/200ft (height)

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is this normal to loose video from P3S drone around 60m/200ft high? I am flying at a school close to my house so quite open but maybe other WiFi signals around. I still have control of the drone no problem and when i loose picture i just bring it back down.

I am using a Samsung S6. Drone and phone have latest firmware. Controller and drone where fully charged. Haven't tried it anywhere else yet. DJI GO app is the latest.

Still getting video at my max distance ive flown the drone away from me which is 140 ish meters.
Ive heard trying to change the wifi channel but i havent seen that as an option?

Ive made a home made windsurfer to see if this helps and it doesnt seem to.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Matt .
Are you going straight up when this happens .If so try holding your controller with the top pointing at your quad .
The 2.4 antenna panel's are in the controller .
We don't have the option of changing channels with the Standard .

yeah im going probably 10 metres ahead of me then going straight up from there to test height. Top meaning where the antenna connects to the controller? If so ive tried that, and pointed antenna straight up to it and doesnt really help. Already thinking of trying the DBS mod for the standard to fix this! Ill also try a different area to see if its interference related.

The 2.4 antennas ...FPV ..are what I'm talking about Matt IMG_1394.JPG Not the one sticking out . That's your 5.8 antenna .
It's not easy flying almost straight up not pointing those 2 panels at your quad .
If you are pointing those up then you may be right about interference .

ok yeah i have tried that. BTW does the Standard DBS mod (looks like you have it) come with instructions?

If you mean on how to install it you can see several threads here on how to do it .
And yes I have it and is a great panel .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20