Newbie: P3 or jump right to the P4...

Reaction score
Hello all,

I run a radio shop in Michigan and would like to get a drone for tower inspections. Everything I have read so far has me looking at the P4. While I have several technicians willing to get their SUAS license in the shop, no one has had any significant experience flying a quadcopter.

I'm wondering if getting a P3 Standard while we train would be the best idea?
Would skills learned on the P3 be directly transferable to the P4?
What are your thoughts on going straight to the P4 as new pilots in training?
Any other models / recommendations appreciated...

Thanks!
Sean

While there are many less expensive non-DJI quadcopters, none of them fly like a Phantom. If you don't want to jump right to the P4, then a P3 Standard would be the best choice in order to ensure your pilots are gaining flight experience that can be easily translated over to the P4. If your pilots can fly a P3 Standard, then they will have no trouble with a P4.

Thats kind of what I was thinking. Biggest obstacle is going to be risk management and liability insurance :)

I would say got for the phantom 3 advanced... Only because it uses light bridge... The standard uses WiFi and its so weak in built up areas so inspecting radio towers may make it worse. But if you have the money for a phantom 4.... Then go for it... But I would recommend the phantom 3 advanced the minimum you should go for in my opinion

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Peter Galbavy

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj