Newbie...Low Battery level-lost control-normal?

Reaction score
Hi,
I am entering this as a separate topic, since it might have been lost in my other post.
Thought I was being careful to watch for slow red blinking lights and had 2 bars so thought I was safe to fly a little more (my pocket timer said 20 minutes- so I flew low and close).
Suddenly I LOST TOTAL CONTROL. I started to panic, and realized the red leds were blinking rapidly and the quad was hovering and beginning to descend. I was lucky that I was close,
I had no control to bring it back closer. First of all...is it normal to descend with critical battery level (I know that is normal) yet have no input control to bring it home?
Also...should I just stop at 2 bars to be safe (although the manual says 2 bars means 25%-50% -which is a big range), since it seemed to go from slow blinking red leds, to fast blinking leds without me noticing the first warning?
Thanks...want to make sure I am being careful..and have no OSD (Phantom 2-Non-Vision) to warn me of the low battery level.
Steve

The manual spells it out pretty well
You would have had some control and the (just released firmware version now allows you to ascend as well)
i-2WjVKkp-L.jpg

If you don't have a fuel gauge, it's a good idea not to push things too far.
Aim to be back on the ground by 20%

Thanks for the reply. I get that, what I don't understand is that it seemed to go direct to fast blinking red when I thought it was at two bars on the battery. I think I might bring it super low and close at 15 minutes at just watch for the slow blinking red and see how I missed it and how fast it goes from slow blinking red to fast blinking red.
It's hard to judge what 20% is without the on screen display available.
Thanks again for your interest in helping me out.
Steve

20 minutes is about the maximum anyway, to be safe you may just as well bring it back between 10 and 15 minutes unless on some important mission.
You can change some of the ways it behaves - such as when out of range or low on battery when connected to the phantom assistant.
The latest firmware has also made some changes which help you maintain control in that final 'must descend' stage.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4