Newbie lost in kits & upgrades >_<

Reaction score
Hello hello!

Last night, I got my PV+! I connected to PC and updated & calibrated and ready to go today since it was getting dark when everything was charged. So, what did I do? I came here to read up on some things. More it read on this site, I've noticed talks about kits & mods that I've never heard of, or where to get, or some how to do em >_<
Will you be kind enough to list some modes/kits/etc that newbie should think about? I'll do the look up part if it's too much hassle ^_^

Thanks!

Re: Newbie lost in kits & upgrades >_<

The Vision+ is quite capable right out of the box. Before you consider any mods, I would get some flights under your belt and see how your particular aircraft performs. How is her flight performance and range out of the box? What specifically would you like to do with your Phantom? After you have become proficient at flying and become familiar with your bird's performance, then you can select mods applicable to your goals.

Dirty Bird said:
The Vision+ is quite capable right out of the box. Before you consider any mods, I would get some flights under your belt and see how your particular aircraft performs. How is her flight performance and range out of the box? What specifically would you like to do with your Phantom? After you have become proficient at flying and become familiar with your bird's performance, then you can select mods applicable to your goals.

+1

I agree above 100%,
There are 2 mods I would advise you get
( won't affect flying at all )
1) mobile GPS TRACKING device ( tk102b or similar )
( insurance against lost phantom )
2) Flytrex 2 core
( black box )

Both useful, and won't interfere with normal flying!
Flytrex is cool when ran with DASHWARE! Very cool!

Take care, fly safe!

jonboy73 said:
wise words from both the above, however. there are some on here who are getting past the total noob stage and who, me included would be interested in a list like the op describes.

My bird is essentially stock, with the exception of having added the uavstickers Decal set to the controller. I carry a Getterback recovery device for flights over water, and I have on order a Flytrex Live which serves as both a flight logger and a GPS recovery device. I use only stock props & batteries.

Best first modification I did was the half sphere antenna from FPVLR for the range extender for increased FPV distance.

Very worthwhile, completely makes sense why it works (no mystery behind it at all), and pretty easy to accomplish without having to add any weight or even touch the phantom itself.

Do the foil mod so you can get quicker and more gps says. This will minimize so called fly aways.

All I have extr after nearly three months is one spare battery (came with it), the booster app - helps keep the video feed connected and a cheap clip on LED flasher - which is independent of the phantom battery and could be very helpful locating it after dark I thought.
Oh. and a backpack style case - keeps it together in the house as much as being useful to carry in car or on bike.

I'd like a third battery as you often seem to get both part used and don't want to risk a further flight.

Newbie should get some experience flying it before even thinking about 'modding' it...

I haven't done anything to mine at all & haven't found the need to. I use it for the purpose it was intended, to take aerial video. I never fly it beyond my range of sight, neither distance nor altitude. I don't see the need...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik