Newbie Jitters...

Reaction score
Just ordered a Phantom 3Standard,..which should arrive tomorrow. Since I am a raw novice,..what are the First 4 steps I should take, when it arrives and I unpack it??

Reactions: clackey
take your time to learn read everything then watch videos its real easy to fly and real easy to make a mistake the thing I did wrong was hit auto land and struck a tree so don't due that was on first day trying things out also learn how to hand catch it works great

Read all of the instructions 4 times then 4 times more.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Rogerdodger, welcome to Phantom Pilots! Check out my must-haves list here (note the link to the manual) and check out the other tips there.

Just ordered a Phantom 3Standard,..which should arrive tomorrow. Since I am a raw novice,..what are the First 4 steps I should take, when it arrives and I unpack it??
The most important advice for new pilots is:

The Phantom 3 is much easier to fly than you imagine.
The trick is to not let this fool you into getting too adventurous too early.
Do your early flights in a large open area, well away from trees, buildings and obstacles.
Be afraid, very afraid of trees, buildings etc. They are involved in most incidents.
Read up on return to home procedures, practise using RTH and cancelling it so you understand how it works and how you can resume control in an RTH situation.

Can you fly anything? Ever tried toy quads? Ever flown RC planes? Experience is very helpful. I always advise to fly in a large open area. Keep it close. Baby steps.... forward, backward, left right. Fly with your eyes.... not with the monitor.

I flew mine in beginner mode the first couple of times to get the hang of it. Really paid off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you come on here and ask a question like that, be ready for advice to who laid the chunk. My advice? Listen to all of them, they are right.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20